Good vegetarian foods

Options
I am interested in eating less meat. Can you recommend some good vegetarian products/recipes? Specifically veggie burgers, meatless meat, and tofu recipes. Thanks

Replies

• Jazzy_Maria
    Jazzy_Maria Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I grew up a vegetarian from the time I was born until I was 18. I tried meat for a few years and now have gone back to mostly veggie.

I try to incorporate some kind of soy product into every meal for the texture/base and the protien.

-I LOVE seitan. you can buy it packaged but I have also started making it at home because it's way cheaper. I add it to everything. it's great in stir frys and also pasta dishes so you have a little less of the carbby pasta but still have the substance.
    -Morning Star Farms meal starters are also good (they have ground "beef", "chicken" strips, and "steak" strips) Morning star also makes the best "hamburger" I think too. they are called grillers. great breakfast products too (sausage patties/links, bacon, etc)
    -Lightlife products are also great! Italian Sausage... YUM!!!
    -There are so many options out there besides tofu which doesn't have a huge amount of versatility.
    -Beans are also a great souce of protien. (black, cannallini, chick peas, etc)
    -if you can find it (which seems to be hard) Worthington products. they are canned or frozen and they have endless choices... the best products out there by far, but like I said not a lot of places carry them.
    -TOFURKY!!!! slices are great for sandwiches, and the "roast" is a staple in my house for the holidays!
    -TVP (textured vegetable protein) is also good. it usually comes dried and you boil it in veggie broth to "reconstitute" it.

hope that helps... let me know if you have any other questions