Hello everyone, time to change for the better....

Options
Hiya, having yoyo'd weight up and down for a number of years it's now time to stick with it, lose it and more importantly maintain it this time. In my mid 50s I am from the UK and I know I am an emotional eater ,life has its ups and downs and for me I eat for comfort moreso when feeling sad, unhappy, upset etc . Now I need to think of other things to do when those moments occur...any ideas what works for you are more than welcome....bye for now ...and all the best....:happy:

Replies

• RichB77
    RichB77 Posts: 88
    Options
    Good luck on your journey, it's all to do with will-power and focus!
    You can do it!
    Take care

:drinker:
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    hi welcome and gd luck :smile:
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Hey I appear to have a twin! good luck on your journey, if you want to add me feel free, I do swear n cuss- if this could offend dont!!!! All the best!
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hi :bigsmile:

I live in Wakefield, just down the road from you. I am 50, and have been doing "MFP" since January. I have had a weight problem for all of my life, sometimes keeping it under control for quite long periods of time. I got married 10 years ago, and that is when I started to pile it on again. I finished my long term job end Nov last year, and once Xmas was over decided to do something about it. Since then I have lost nearly 2 stone. I've done it with a combination of reasonably healthy eating, and some exercise - though not going mad. I started exercising in the house with my Wii (various different 'games') and DVD's, and have recently felt confident enough to join a Zumba class. I sometimes really have to make myself exercise, but my theory is that it allows you to eat more if you want to, and that's enough motivation for me. If you want another friend, or to look at my food diary, please feel free to add me. I am always happy to help and support others in this dieting malarky, as I know how hard it is.

Wendy :smile:
  • SaraBrown12
    SaraBrown12 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    When i have felt low in the past i find that getting up and outdoors cheers me up, esp when we have nice weather. When the weather wasn't nice i would hit the gym or jump on the exercise bike. For some reason exercise makes me feel better!
  • peacehawk
    peacehawk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I do a few different things- watch something funny (Monty Python, perhaps?), meditate, work in my garden (in spring/summer/fall), journal, take a hot bath, walk, snuggle my dogs...
  • mametza
    mametza Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hiya thanks for the letting me know what works for you,...will have to give it a go, all the best I know you'll do well.....x Denise