lookin for zumba ladies out there to be friends and help mot

Options

Replies

• amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba. We only have 1 class per week, but i would do it 5 days a week if I could. I had to leave early this week and felt like I didn't get my fix :tongue:
  • SkinnyGal08
    SkinnyGal08 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am a ZUMBA instructor :) I love it, the way it makes me feel is like no other, I would love to be friends I can always share advice, tips and of course always motivate and inspire!! Zumba friends woooo;):):):)
  • lose40by40
    Options
    I haven't been to a class; but my friend let me borrow her Zumba DVD. I fell in love with it; because it doesn't feel like exercise to me. It reminds me of my younger days when all we did was dance to keep our body in shape. I just found out they have a class at the Rec in my neighborhood. I'm going to give the class a try.

@ Mhill
    You know you still now how to move. :) Its just like riding a bike. LOL
  • TheKatzMeow77
    Options
    I am a Zumba addict!! I do it 4-6 days a week sometimes twice a day :)) can we say obsessed lol please add me, we can motivate each other :))
  • fasttrack27
    fasttrack27 Posts: 324
    Options
    My wife is hit/miss on this site but I'm sure she'd like to be friends with you all! Her screenname is dancingaimee. She's a Zumba instructor and busy mom of three boys.
  • breakingthecycle
    breakingthecycle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I am a Zumba addict!! I do it 4-6 days a week sometimes twice a day :)) can we say obsessed lol please add me, we can motivate each other :))

At least I am not the only one that sometimes does it twice a day.

Is there a Zumba withdrawal therapy class??? LOL
  • Michelemybelle
    Michelemybelle Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I love my Wii Zumba! My 2 year old son begs me to put it on - he loves it, too! :)
  • Caite_S
    Caite_S Posts: 42
    Options
    I love Zumba, but with my schedule I find it hard to get to classes all the time. Does anyone use the zumba dvds? I want to get them so I can do it at home, but I'm not sure if I would get the same workout as I do at class.
  • blueeyedtraveler
    blueeyedtraveler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I, too, am a complete Zumba addict. I go to class 4 times a week, for an hour at a time. So addicted, that even when the infomercial comes on, I want to get up and move lol, and I watch the entire thing! We have 2 songs that we Zumba to that are on the radio, and when those come on and I'm in the car, I try to do the moves too (not so easy haha).

Please feel free to add me :)
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I'm a Zumba girl! 45 minutes once a week only though... at least currently. I do Total Body workout on Tuesday, Line Dancing on Wednesday, Zumba on Thursday, and Line Dancing again on Friday. Saturday Through Monday I don't do anything, but I'm trying to change that. There are no classes offered on those days and I'm bad at exercising on my own.

EDIT: My question is, with all of us Zumba fans out there, why doesn't MFP have a section specifically for Zumba under exercise?!?

There are so many variables that can affect how many calories are burned, I don't think MFP could really put an accurate estimate on it. There's: the playlist (how many fast songs vs slow songs) how much effort a person puts into each song, how well someone knows the routines, how many of each type of dance (salsa, vs merengue, vs cumbia, vs reggaeton, etc...), any rest periods, the energy in the room. I'm a Zumba instructor and I can teach one playlist at gym A, burn 450 cals and teach the same exact playlist at gym B and burn 586. Wearing an HRM is the best way to know what you're burning...best investment I've made :happy:

Zumba is my passion...feel free to add me!!! I love to make new friends :flowerforyou:
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba it's a great workout. I do it on my Wii at least 3 times a week
  • hairspray74
    Options
    I love zumba, i don't have the dvd's but I do have it for the kinect and don't use it much due to time restraints, but I do go to my gym where I try to hit atleast 2 classes a week! I'm so hooked! depending on the instructor I can burn up to 600 cals per hour! with the instructor thats not really vigorous I only burn about 400 per hour, but it's all good!!!!
  • MJKC9397
    MJKC9397 Posts: 15
    Options
    I love Zumba! I have been going twice a week for almost 2 months and am sad that the classes will be ending for the summer soon. I did buy Zumba for the Wii, though and plan to use it on a regular basis. Zumba was the different exercise (than what I've ever done) my body needed to shock it into changing!
  • zumba_gal
    zumba_gal Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have the dvds and i find that it isnt like going to a class.. but the one that is the closest to a class is the live dvd that comes with the kit.
  • Suzannejl
    Suzannejl Posts: 212
    Options
    I saw a class last night, and talked my daughter into going to a Family Zumba class at the Y tonight! It was soooo much fun! I definitely will be going back, next time to an adult class that lasts longer.
  • Hootsmamma
    Hootsmamma Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    jump
  • heatherngary
    Options
    Last night was my first night of going I absolutely loved it.....I bought it for the wii its ok. One of my friends bought the dvd's we use them often...but I do have to say going to the classes is so much funner..I guess it just gives me more of a desire to have an instructor to break down the moves and to work out with others who help support and motivate you. I also have Just Dance 1 and 2 for wii they are awesome as well. If anyone wants to add me feel free to do so !!!
  • GeishaDi
    GeishaDi Posts: 9
    Options
    I love Zumba! In the Miami, FL, area!
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I went to a Zumba class twice...felt totally inept because I didn't know the moves, the instructor assumed that everyone knew the steps and they did...and felt totally stupid but to be honest, the music was fun. Well, today Beto Perez's Zumba Party Workout system arrived along with the Toning Sticks. Tomorrow, I am going to start....I can be uncordinated in the privacy of my own home and have fun while losing weight and toning.
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba!

I just recently started using the Zumba fitness DVD. I figure I will learn the steps and the routines in the privacy of my own home then I will start with a class. I have been inquiring about them.. They have Zumba Gold which is for the old and stiff but they seem to be only during the day when I am working so still trying to find a class to go to. Its all good though as I am burning good calories using the DVDs and learning how to move all those parts that havent moved in a LONG time!

If you don't already have too many friends I'd love to also be one!

4925355.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter