21 day or so stall, help!!

Options
Can't understand why I'm stalling! I am working out and staying within my calorie limits. I was hoping to lose 20lbs before July, but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen. Frustrated. What am I doing wrong??

Replies

• Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    The easy answer: you aren't eating enough. Start eating those exercise calories!! Read the links in my signature for some detailed explanations why or search the forums. Good luck!!
  • bmmiller4
    bmmiller4 Posts: 39
    Options
    Not an expert here but if you have been doing the same workout routine for awhile you may need to mix it up a bit. Change up what you are eating too. Keep it healthy but try something different. Like I said, I am new to this too, just an idea
  • carliebrown
    Options
    Try mixing up the exercise. I lost 21 pounds and have been stuck for 2 weeks so I have added walking the stairs at work. My building has 10 floors and it takes me about 15 minutes ( I'm slow...) but it gets my heart rate up in the middle of the day and I am hoping that this will restart my metabolism.

Also, look at what you are eating. Fruit is better than cookies, but it still has a lot of sugar in it. Look for ways to trim back on fat and sugar as you stay under your calorie goals.

You can do it! Hang in there... push push push and you will sliding down the scale at no time!

Good Luck!
  • RobinBarela
    Options
    Measure yourself, sometimes when the pounds aren't coming off you are losing inches......
    Good luck and keep up the good work!!!
  • ljdewitt123
    ljdewitt123 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just this last week I started working with a personal trainer 2x a week to work on toning. Hopefully this new stuff will help. I'm also thinking about cutting down the carbs?
  • Akaratel
    Akaratel Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Diary looks like you aren't eating enough.. Some days I cannot eat all of the calories back, but yours looks like most days you are missing 600-700. That is not good to do every day, your body goes into starvation mode, your muscles need calories to burn fat ::) That is what i learn from everything I read. Remember MFP calculates your deficit, try to that number closer to zero or atleast 200 lol.
  • luvgreen25
    luvgreen25 Posts: 202
    Options
    I agree with Robin - take measurements. Even when the weight stalls - the inches don't, so that's at least motivation to keep you going. Eventually the weight will start coming off again, but it's your body's way of saying - "I'm not ready to let go of this 20lbs. yet!"
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    the other sneaky thing to watch out for is your sodium intake.
  • Akaratel
    Akaratel Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    the other sneaky thing to watch out for is your sodium intake.

Yes, all of these answers are good. Actually I have not lost any weight this week, but I lost 3" in my waste - so measurements are really helping me get along, but I don't believe it is the measurements for 3 weeks straight - you would atleast lose something... Good luck!
  • KKOLB1
    KKOLB1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    i've hit this many many times & after about 3 weeks I'm barely inching down. I've done spike days, high protein days etc. I change up my workout every 30 days. Increase intensity. Going to have to try each one for a few days & see what gets you moving on the scale again.
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    I agree with all of the comments so far:

Eat more
    Lower your sodium
    Change up your workout routine