i hav a?

Options
I started yesterday drinking strawberry banana smoothie for breakfast n a salad for lunch n den regular dinner n I'm only drinkin water n eating no bread. Is this a good idea. Please help

Replies

• BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Nah. You probably need to be doing a little better than that. check out some recipes on here. There's no way you will stick with weight loss only doing that. You're torturing yourself!!!!
  • shezza737
    shezza737 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday drinking strawberry banana smoothie for breakfast n a salad for lunch n den regular dinner n I'm only drinkin water n eating no bread. Is this a good idea. Please help

You will find your not eating enough I would have thought. You shouldn't have less than 1200 calories a day. if you actually work out your calorie alowance it may even be more than this. But whatever happens 1200 is a minimum you should eat and drink in a day.
  • Marcus_E
    Marcus_E Posts: 124
    Options
    It's actually not too bad, but you'll find that you will get bored of it and you probably need to throw a bit more in as well. Make sure you have a big salad for lunch, but I'd also suggest to throw in a mid-morning snack or also eat something else at Breakfast as well - liquid brekkie's don't tend to last that long and can burn quicker, making you pick at sugary foods afterwards.. Eitherway, it's a start, just suggest to amend it slightly.. Good luck
  • michellemaere
    Options
    Try adding a hardboiled egg as a snack, celery and peanut butter, or just adding snacks that are full of protein, not sugar. A half cup of Fatfree or lowfat cottage cheese with some fruit is another good snack.
    For your breakfast, plain rolled oats with some fruit added, or even adding a bit of rolled oats to your smoothie will make it more filling too.
  • JPayne53
    JPayne53 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by a regular dinner? Contrary to popular beliefs.. the body actually needs ALL macro-nutrients.. Protein, Carbs. & Fat.. I wouldn't cut out bread all together, just change to a whole grain/wheat product.. these fast burning starch carbs. are an easy filler that won't overload your diet.. these are always recommended before a workout for an initial energy burn to keep energy levels high. Cutting back on caloric intake is step 1.. making sure those calories you do eat are the right foods, that's step 2... :wink:
  • kevanos
    kevanos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    wow, your spelling is horrible. Why don`t you type out your words properly?

There are 2 things you need to do: 1. eat right. 2. exercise. You have to do both for the results you want.

The way you lose weight is by creatign a calorie deficit. That means you burn more calories than you eat. To lose 2 lbs per weeek you have to burn 1000 more calories than you eat each day. You probably burn about 1800-2000 calories per day with just your normal daily activities. If you add on 400 calories burnt from exercise you get 2400 calories burnt per day.

So if you eat 2400 cals per day you will maintain your weight. If you eat 2900 calorires you will gain 1 lbs per week. i fyou eat 1900 calories you will lose 1lbs per week. If you eat 1400 calories per day you will lose 2lbs per week. (these exact numbers may be a bit off but the general idea is right)

#1: Eat right. You have to eat a balanced diet of carb/protein/fat that adds up to 1400 calories on days that you exercise. Tis is a good place to learn about about proper nutrition.

#2: Exercise. You have to do cardio and strenght training. Cardio is for 30 minutes per day minimum, for 4-6 days per week. A cardio exercise is when you elevate your hearth rate for a sustained period of time. On top of that you should do some sort of strenght training to build and strenghten your muscle. This will help you keep eeh weight off in the long run.

Good luck.