Ideal weight with body frame size in mind

Options
2»

Replies

• GypsyWagon
    GypsyWagon Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    BMI and weight are so ambiguious, because they don't take into account your body composition. You can have two women of identical heighth, frame and weight with different Body Fat % and you'll have much different measurements and clothing sizes. My ultimate goal is to be in the fitness range of Body Fat Percentage for women of 21-24%. The average range for women is 25-31% and above that is considered obese. I'm 5'4" and my goal is 135, but that's not set in stone. Ideally, I'd like to hang onto and add to the lean body mass that I have now and just continue to lose body fat. I may have to adjust my goal number up or down to get to the body composition I want, KWIM? Hope that helps.
  • RProhofsky
    RProhofsky Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I think you should play by "eye"...when you get to 141, look in the mirror and see if you are happy where you are. If not, lose by 5 lb increments because by that time, just 5 lbs will be a decent difference. :)

I think this is GREAT advice giver by a wise person!
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I think the frame size has more to do with how your body holds weight rather than the bones weighing more. Take me for example, my rib cage is 4.5 inches out, most 5' tall women it is closer to 3. So while most 5' tall women should weigh around 110-115 for me that would result in a sunken in ill looking figure. Its not that my bones weigh more but they "hold" more. I hope that explanation makes sense, best way I could figure to explain it.