Heart Rate Monitor

Options
A couple years ago I had looked into the Body Bug, and reeaally wanted one. Unfortunately, they are rather expensive plus you have a monthly fee for the software. So I know a lot of you out there use Heart Rate Monitors. I think it would be very beneficial to have one. Which one do you recommend? I want something accurate and inexpensive. Also, do you prefer the watch or arm band?

Replies

• nikkigiesige
    Options
    I have one from walmart that was $48 that comes with watch and chest band... I love it!! Works great!
  • MMarcordes
    MMarcordes Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I use a New Balance one. It's the watch with a chest band. It's very comfortable, accurate, and relatively inexpensive. It was $60 at Target.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Timex one for about 40 dollars at Best Buy. Going to use it for the first time tonight but I tested it out today in my house and so far so good.
  • DebbieLaviolette
    DebbieLaviolette Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have a Timex and really like it so far. I think I finally figured out my zones and it seems to be accurate.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 and absolutely love it. The chest band is super comfy and it's a watch now a arm band which I like so I can look at it when I need to while working out.

ETA: If you get an HRM, don't waste money on one that doesn't have a chest strap. I did that and regretted it because I ended up having to fork out the extra money for a better one anyways, so I spent twice as much money.
  • brendalyne
    brendalyne Posts: 497
    Options
    I ordered a Timex from Amazon a few days ago. It hasn't arrived yet, but I am anxious to try it. It was $52 - is a watch and includes a chest strap (I guess!)
  • erisfreenici
    erisfreenici Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin chest strap with this Digifit adapter I can put on my iPhone. It records my whole workout and all kinds of statistics. It's pretty neat... but I'm kind of a geek :)
  • ljrain
    ljrain Posts: 7
    Options
    I have just started to look at the DigiFit and Garman HRM, are you still happy with yours?