Wanting to go on a cleanse..

Options
Which cleanses have you tried and liked??

Replies

• ktraubert
    ktraubert Posts: 29
    Options
    bump
  • MoonGurl1985
    Options
    I have tried no cleansing but I do have a contact for you if you would like it to talk to them about cleansing. My sister and her boyfriend cleanse.
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I've done the Master Cleanse (blech!) and the Shakeology 3-day cleanse. LOVE the Shakeology cleanse. I lost 4-7 pounds when I do it. Some have lost up to 12 lbs.
  • Melisha82
    Melisha82 Posts: 243
    Options
    Moongirl, that would be AWESOME!!! I am wanting to try different ones every now and then.
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Dont do cleansing alone...it is starving your body of basic nutrients it needs to function and can put you into starvation mode-leading you to gain eventually. If you have to cleanse research and do a colon cleanse accompanied by a good diet full of greens and protein. You will see a difference. Don't starve while you cleanse.
  • Melisha82
    Options
    I don't have much Shakeology left, but when I order more I'll def try that one! I saw another girl post on here about a 7 day cleanse, I'm going to try that one first!
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    My favorite cleanse and the most natural is Dr. Natura
    I did the toxin out & colonix at the same time and I felt amazing.

I am actually doing it in conjunction with a food cleanse right now that I doing with my holistic nutritionist - no caffeine, sugar or processed foods for 10 days. It's a light level cleanse to start, nothing too crazy :)

Check out the website: http://www.drnatura.com/
  • Slayer66
    Slayer66 Posts: 265
    Options
    I just did this one 3 weeks ago, best one i have ever done IMO, wasn't hungry or anything too

http://www.supplementscanada.com/popeyes/product3967.html

hope link works =)
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I haven't but next week I'm thinking of doing a 3 days cleanse just consisting of fruits, salads and veggies. I'm just gunna make smoothies of carrots, apples, spinach leaves, berries etc. Some plans last 7-28 days, but I don't think that's realistic for myself, so I'm going to do a 2-3 day one and see how I go. I don't want to be crazy with hunger and have a binge. Some cleanses say you can eat lean meat, but I'm veggie/pesc. Guess I could have a tuna salad :)
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    A cleanse is not going to magically make you shed fat, they are fine for a starter but there is no replacement for proper diet rich in veggies, lean meats and good carbs/fruits. Often times the perceived weight loss is actually just the waste being removed from the colon.
  • Melisha82
    Options
    Thank yous o much everyone, I'm putting all of these ideas in a file lol. I am using myself as a guinea pig here ;)
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I'm trying this starting sunday

Sacred Heart Diet

http://www.everydiet.org/diet/sacred-heart-diet

I'm not one to 'diet' persay ... but this is more like a cleanse -
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I don't have much Shakeology left, but when I order more I'll def try that one! I saw another girl post on here about a 7 day cleanse, I'm going to try that one first!

haha that was probably me? lol so ignore my previous post :)
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    My favorite cleanse and the most natural is Dr. Natura
    I did the toxin out & colonix at the same time and I felt amazing.

I am actually doing it in conjunction with a food cleanse right now that I doing with my holistic nutritionist - no caffeine, sugar or processed foods for 10 days. It's a light level cleanse to start, nothing too crazy :)

Check out the website: http://www.drnatura.com/

I did this a few years back. It was expensive but I love how they provide vitamins to replace nutrients lost (that cleanse clears out more than just toxins and waste). They also provide probiotics and their fiber supplement is amazing! I did a 3 month cleanse. I didn't lose any weight though. My eating habits were still bad - that I didn't change - I was still in the dark on that. But it really emptied me out. I needed it. IBS
  • skfj5
    skfj5 Posts: 70
    Options
    I did Master Cleanse...I was in a funk and needed to do something shocking. I did it for 14 days. The first 4 days were hard...no energy, not fun (everyone said it would be). But then it got better...I was able to function and live my life (Mom of 5 means I can't be down and out for too long). It wasn't too expensive...but it wasn't easy. Doing a cleanse is something you really need to get your head around...it's as much mental as physical.

The biggest thing I struggled with was depression. I felt like, since I wasn't eating, that I was "left out"...from my family, my friends. Even though no one actually left me out...I just felt that way. That somehow, I wasn't included anymore. It was the strangest thing...I never expected it...but talk about an eye-opening experience.

Until that...I had no idea how deep my emotional connection to food was. I knew I was a stress-eater...I knew I celebrated with treats (does that make me a happy-eater, too? :) )...but to actually be DEPRESSED over not eating was a big surprise.

Anyway...like I said...I did it 14 days. I followed it EXACTLY...from start to finish. I lost 15 pounds...7 of which I gained back after starting to eat again, of which I have again plus more.

It's an individual decision...a journey. Good Luck.