Hit a plateau. In need of some motivation... my progress pic

Options
I have been so happy recently when I look in the mirror and I FEEL better than I ever have, but then I step on the scale, and it hasnt moved down in 10+days! :sad: And today it actually went UP a pound!! I was ready to chunk the thing through the wall, but instead packed it away in my attic and am not bringing it back out again until May. I *know* the number on the scale is not as important with the way my body looks and the way I feel about it, but its such a confidence killer to FEEL light and little, and then see the number on the scale stay still (OR GO UP!)
So I dug up my progress pics in hopes of making myself feel better about this stupid weight thing..
It makes me feel better to see the proof in pictures, even when it doesnt show on the scale.

Does anybody have any advice on how to get my weight loss back on track?
I have been trying really hard to eat back most of my excercise calories, and I just purchased a HRM a few days ago, so I can accurately track what Im burning. I just really need to know this is normal, and my body is going to lose more weight or if I need to step it up a notch.

Oh.. and I fail everytime I attempt to post pics so heres the link to my BLOG where I post them

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/patssarah/view/stuck-and-in-some-desperate-need-of-motivation-progress-pictures-92894

Thanks!

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Take measurements instead. You are pretty small so its going to be harder for you to see it on the scale but measurements should do the trick. Also if you are trading fat for lean muscle the scale isn't going to move as much, but your body will definitely show you the difference.

You are doing a great job and putting away the scale is a major movement. Kudos!
  • MoonGurl1985
    Options
    I have also learned from a fitness trainer that you should change up your exercise routine as well.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    10 days isn't a plateau...give your body time to adjust to your new routines. If you aren't eating enough calories, make sure you increase them or at least maintain (DO NOT LESSEN CALORIES). Also, make sure your work outs are intense. Drink lots of water and avoid salt like the plague. Good luck.

Also my success story (in signature) talks about how i got over my plateau!

good luck

*EDIT* just looked at your diary...increase your calories...1200 is too low (creates too much of a deficit) once you are close to your goal!
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    You could also try zig zagging your calories to give your body a jump start again. I tried that when I hit my plateau and it helped. You just go a little under your calorie goal some days and a little over others, but make sure you end the week with it averaged out to your calorie goal per day. Like for me, I am at 1350/day so I make sure to stay between 8400-9450/week (1200*7-1350*7). Some days I end with 1100 and other days I end with something closer to 1400. But just make sure you don't have a huge difference, like 1000 one day and 1600 the next. That might get your body confused and make it store the calories.
  • patssarah
    patssarah Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I am definitely planning on increasing my calories a little to see if that helps. Im really nervous about upping them, but before I decided to live a healthier lifestyle I was eating about double my current daily intake, so I am assuming adding a couple hundred extra wont hurt too bad!
    I feel like I rely on that number too much. I am going to get better about taking measurements. All of my clothes hang off me, and I am almost ready to go on a shopping spree to get a whole new wardrobe, I just somehow need to train my brain to stop caring about the number on the scale, and to only care about how I FEEL if I am happy with myself. And so far I am very happy!
    Thanks again!