Being Hit on at gym??

Options
So on tuesday i was just minding my own business doing my workout, once I got done. I had to wait for my husband...that's right you heard right my husband. I was in the lobby and this tall buff guy walks by and says hey how old are you? So i answered and than he leaves comes back and throws his number at me and says here you might need this one day..I was In SHOCK...I couldnt believe I just got hit on at THE GYM....hahahha. What do you girls think about when a guy hits on you at the gym?? is it flattering, fun or just weird, I felt akward and now i feel weird going to the gym..lol

Replies

• Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    If I were still young and single I would be flattered, although the way you describe that guy doing it seemed flat out rude. I probably would have told him that I would give my husband his number lol.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    So on tuesday i was just minding my own business doing my workout, once I got done. I had to wait for my husband...that's right you heard right my husband. I was in the lobby and this tall buff guy walks by and says hey how old are you? So i answered and than he leaves comes back and throws his number at me and says here you might need this one day..I was In SHOCK...I couldnt believe I just got hit on at THE GYM....hahahha. What do you girls think about when a guy hits on you at the gym?? is it flattering, fun or just weird, I felt akward and now i feel weird going to the gym..lol

At my age I would be flattered . You don't have to call the number you know. :smile:
  • goohan
    goohan Posts: 155
    Options
    I probably would have told him that I would give my husband his number lol.
    ditto
  • kcphilly
    kcphilly Posts: 71
    Options
    Haven't had that experience at the gym...both overall I think my reaction depends on whether I like the guy or not! If he seems cool then it's flattering. If he seems creepy or gross then it's annoying! And someone throwing their number at me would definitely be annoying!
  • JPayne53
    JPayne53 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Ha! I am also married and I jokingly wished I would have one of those hot guys notice my progress and hit on me to a friend the other day... thought maybe it would be flattering.. now that I think about it I really don't know what I would do, first of all because I'd be in so much shock and second because I've been married so long now I wouldn't know how to handle the situation! Haha
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I probably would have told him that I would give my husband his number lol.
    ditto
    Good One!!!!
  • MaryDreamer
    MaryDreamer Posts: 439
    Options
    I haven't been hit on (at the gym) since I was in my 20's! I'd be flattered if he was good looking LOL but he's arrogant WOW
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    One of the trainers hit on me last time I was at the gym. I'm married but it still flattered me because I haven't been hit on in so long...since I was thin about 5 years ago! LOL
  • msproducer
    msproducer Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mind it. My former trainer met her husband at the gym. Now if the guy is looking at me like I'm a t-bone steak & his eyes are going up & down my body, that's different. :smile:
  • nikki91950
    nikki91950 Posts: 647
    Options
    when i'm in a good mood, i'll take my engagement ring off when i go to the gym. i never got attention from guys as i was growing up, so it's a nice change these days. it's all in good fun, and it's a great ego boost. i do find it creepy when it's a guy more than 10 years older than me, which happens more often than not, so for the most part, my experiment hasn't done me much good.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    I feel the same about being hit on at the gym, the same as I feel about being hit on anywhere.

He struck up a conversation (though admittedly a rather lame one) and you responded by giving him personal information, which he could easily see as encouragement. Have a think about personal boundaries.. for instance you could reply "What an odd question to ask a married woman"

No need to feel weird about going back, but keep his number, he's clearly a strong guy - maybe you'll need some furniture shifted sometime. :bigsmile:
  • FitFrenchGirl
    Options
    hahahah yes. I did throw the number away. But I was flattered..kinda gave me a confidence boost lol :blushing: plus he was very good looking.
  • FitFrenchGirl
    Options
    I wouldn't mind it. My former trainer met her husband at the gym. Now if the guy is looking at me like I'm a t-bone steak & his eyes are going up & down my body, that's different. :smile:

hahahahhaa omg so funny. i cant stop laughing
  • kbevill
    kbevill Posts: 3
    Options
    you should have gone to the nearest police station and tell them "this guy has been stalking me and I saw him drop this paper out of his pocket" ... hehe
  • schlubba
    schlubba Posts: 26
    Options
    I've never ever been hit on so it woulda been awesome for me, just being able to have the words no thanks come out of my mouth instead of into my ears would be one of the best days ever!!!!! :)
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    You should be flattered. I would have been too intimidated to do something like that.
  • FitFrenchGirl
    Options
    I feel the same about being hit on at the gym, the same as I feel about being hit on anywhere.

He struck up a conversation (though admittedly a rather lame one) and you responded by giving him personal information, which he could easily see as encouragement. Have a think about personal boundaries.. for instance you could reply "What an odd question to ask a married woman"

No need to feel weird about going back, but keep his number, he's clearly a strong guy - maybe you'll need some furniture shifted sometime. :bigsmile:

hahahah well we are moving right now and do have some heavy pieces lol
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    when i'm in a good mood, i'll take my engagement ring off when i go to the gym. i never got attention from guys as i was growing up, so it's a nice change these days. it's all in good fun, and it's a great ego boost. i do find it creepy when it's a guy more than 10 years older than me, which happens more often than not, so for the most part, my experiment hasn't done me much good.
    I am wondering why you would take the engagement ring off?
  • ashmom86
    ashmom86 Posts: 117
    Options
    I'd definitly take it as a compliment and run with it!! Use it for a confident booster!! I went to the bar for the first time in months not too long ago (without my boyfriend) and you wouldnt believe the men that were hitting on me!! It definitely made me feel good :blushing: Of course I denied the numbers and told my boyfriend about it like a good loyal gf!! But it still felt great!! I mean I had one guy lick my boot and was trying to take me home!! At that point I was freaked but thought it to be hilarious!!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Hows youse doin?flirtysmile1.gif

:tongue:

It does sound as if he was kind of arrogant and obnoxious about it so view it as flattery as well as knowing the respect you have for yourself in feeling you don`t deserve to be treated like that.:smile: