Different music for lifting and cardio?

Options
I was wondering if there was anyone else out there who has different tastes as to what they like to listen to being dependent on what type of exercising. If you do, what do you like to listen to?

Replies

• strapple
    strapple Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    there is no song in the world that gets me going the way Katy Perrys "Peacock" does

seriously put it on repeat and work out until you die

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz2z87KHpN0
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Cardio:
    I Like It - Enrique Iglesias
    Supermassive Black Hole - Muse
    Just a Dream - Nelly
    Like a G6 - Far East Movement
    Paralyzer

Lifting at the gym - mostly rap.
    Never Scared
    I Need a Doctor - Dr. Dre
    Deuces - Chris Brown
  • groucherella
    Options
    for weights I like hard rock. For cardio I like top 40/techno/trance etc.
  • Moriarty_697
    Moriarty_697 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I don't have different music. I just keep it uptempo. I've set up a couple of different mixes on my ipod of mostly fast music to keep me going. Sometimes, for old time's sake, I will break out Metallica's Master of Puppets just for that extra burst of energy. It's about the only metal album I have left.
  • AFWinter
    AFWinter Posts: 13
    Options
    I suppose I should have mentioned what I listen to when I started this thread, for lifting I like hard core heavy metal, and rap. As far as running and other cardio, I'm a sucker for uptempo 80's synthesized pop rock and new wave.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I suppose I should have mentioned what I listen to when I started this thread, for lifting I like hard core heavy metal, and rap. As far as running and other cardio, I'm a sucker for uptempo 80's synthesized pop rock and new wave.

Well in that case:
    Chains of Love - Erasure
    Need You Tonight - INXS
    Take On Me - A-ha
  • AFWinter
    AFWinter Posts: 13
    Options

Well in that case:
    Chains of Love - Erasure
    Need You Tonight - INXS
    Take On Me - A-ha

Sorry, I guess I didn't explain my intentions well. I was just curious as to what others listen to, in order to try to change things up a bit, and perhaps to see if there is anyone that might be listening to the same stuff I've been. Those are all good songs though, I love running to A-Ha
  • Moriarty_697
    Moriarty_697 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I also have a CanCon workout mix of Canadian musicians. The Tragically Hip, The Weakerthans, Joel Plaskett, Sloan, D.O.A., Danny Michel, and so much other great stuff.