Weigh-Ins

Options
I'm just curious...how often does everyone weigh-in and update their weight loss?

Replies

• BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    i do once a week. I don't like everyday because I feel like there can be too much variation. Once a week I get a better idea of how I have done over a longer period.
  • lvcsy1
    lvcsy1 Posts: 28
    Options
    I just started, but I decided I am going to weigh myself once a week.
  • StarfilledNight
    Options
    I used to weigh myself daily and would update it if there was a change (better or worse.) However I found this was bad for me. I would stresss daily about the little bit of change I might see. I weigh in maybe twice a week now just to keep myself going and motivated.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, but only log in once a week - usually Friday. That is really a better view at what happened over the week. Don't forget to measure regularly too, some times that 'tale of the tape' is more relevant.
  • fatlass70
    fatlass70 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hi there

I weigh myself each morning ( it's just part of my routine!) but only update my weight on MFP once per week. My Monday morning weigh in is the 'official' one that counts for me.

Lots if things I have read suggest that your weight fluctuates a lot day to day so you should weigh yourself once a week in the same conditions to compare like with like.

Good luck on your journey.
  • fat_beyonce
    fat_beyonce Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I do once a week every thursday, i suggest you pick a day and time. I prefer early morning after I've been toilet but before I've eaten anything
  • AlisonMacKay
    Options
    I weight in and document it once a week.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday and write it on my calendar. On Mondays I go to TOPS and record my weight on MFP on Mondays.
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I thought about doing it once a week BUT my scale at home is giving different numbers all the time so I guess I'll go by what they tell me at the doctor sometime in the next couple of weeks. :grumble:
  • bovbjerg
    bovbjerg Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, but only log in once a week - usually Friday. That is really a better view at what happened over the week. Don't forget to measure regularly too, some times that 'tale of the tape' is more relevant.

Ditto.
  • ♥AngelKisses♥
    Options
    Weekly. Monday nights b4 dinner.
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Im going to weigh myself Saturday AM for the first time since joining MFP...and that little *bleeping* scale better be down in numbers!!!! LOL
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    every 5 to 7 days, in the a.m. before food or drinks, they say is best:)) good luck!
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    lol!
  • fpueblo
    fpueblo Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I try about once a week unless my weight hasn't changed. I weigh myself for me every two days once in the morning and once at night. but yeah for the site and just keeping everything up 2 date once a week. BTW I would not suggest weighing yourself every other day like I do. it's more for me to stay in the habit more then anything else.
  • Ante_Up
    Ante_Up Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, and plan to log it. So far it's been positive numbers, but I know there will be higher days. I do get frustrated, but I like being able to look back on what foods etc "could" be affecting my weigh loss. I do realize that different times of the month and water weight can cause the scale to jump around, but weighing daily seems to work for me.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    the plan is twice a week mondays and thursday , it try to stick with it but sometimes i get curious
  • katdanash
    katdanash Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I go to my doctors office and his nurse weighs me once every 4 weeks. Its nice seeing the number after working hard for 4 weeks so far in 8 weeks I have lost 20lbs. 13 at the first weigh in and 7 at the second. Next weigh in is On may 6th.
    Works well for me because I am not tied to the scale and worrying all the time about what it says. This way I only stress the day before.
  • SugaDumplin
    Options
    Once a week!
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week. Although I do step on the scale a few times in the week just to see how I am doing but is only recorded once a week.