I'm Stuck!

Options
I'm stuck at a weight, and I can't seem to budge... no matter what I do!

I am 5'5", 125/124 pounds, and 24 years old. My goal weight is 120 pounds and to just get in shape. I eat 1500 calories a day. I exercise 5 days a week at least... running/walking or aerobics for at least a half hour. I have noticed a change in the way I feel, but I look the same and my weight will not budge! I started off at 130 in December, droopped 5 pounds quickly and then stopped. I have tried eating 2000+ calories for a few days to jump start ,my metaboolism, that doesn't work. I have tried eating less, that doesn't work and I feel horrible if I eat much less than 1500 calories.

Any ideas?

Replies

• morrowsarah
    morrowsarah Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if you have tracked your measurements since you started? Maybe you are losing inches even though you aren't losing pounds.
  • Disinte_GratioN
    Options
    Try giving your body more rest...............some times it is better to recoup so your body can heal then you are ready for change.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    it sounds like you might have found your ideal weight - this is where you can eat and exercise reasonably. 125 is pretty dead center of the recommended range for 5'5.
  • trustyone
    trustyone Posts: 11
    Options
    You could try doing intervals.
  • jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    Options
    You can also track sodium and see if you eating too much. It retains water, therefore more weight.
  • mandylanerocks
    mandylanerocks Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    drink more water! :) water is a great tool is helping shed pounds!!
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    When I was your age and height. I was about 130 (which I didn't know then what a very healthy weight for 5'5" tall.)
    I tortured myself one summer to get down to 125. It was for me totally unsustainable.
    My life was more important than 5 vanity pounds. So while I didn't think it was ideal I chose to accept it, move on and live a life I enjoyed.

Be strong, be healthy and don't let this absorb you life.

Seems I come from good peasant stock and this was just the weight my body wanted to be. I look at all the women in my family and I know that there are genetic issues to overcome, my cousins think I have no reason at all to complain about my weight.

While I tried my best to accept myself I did NOT let my diet run amok and tended to keep active just because I enjoyed it.

I did a good job of maintaining until over the past 6 years I suffered a series of injuries and illness and wound up 30+ lbs heavier because I couldn't be active. When I first started here. I plugged in my current height/weight/age stats to see how many calories I was eating to maintain my 175 lbs 50 yo self. Then for kicks and giggles I plugged in my 24 yo height/weight/age stats to see how many calories it too to maintain my 130 lbs self. (Granted I grew 2" after college), but it turns out it was damn near the same amount of calories.

So I say NO THAT YOU REALLY ASKED. Be kind accept yourself, be grateful for your health and keep an eye out for creeping weight that gradually sneaks up on us.

HAVE A HAPPY LIFE>
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    it sounds like you might have found your ideal weight - this is where you can eat and exercise reasonably. 125 is pretty dead center of the recommended range for 5'5.

what concordancia said she was quicker and more to the point than me