First post! Would appreciate any support & encouragement I c

Options
mary127
mary127 Posts: 90 Member
Hi everyone!

My name is Mary and this is my first time on not just this message board, but any board so I'm really hoping this will be a good thing. I downloaded the MFP app on my phone a few months ago just to check out the app, but it took until two weeks ago for me to get serious and start really trying. I couldn't believe after the first two weeks I actually lost 8 pounds--yay! I finally started looking at the website yesterday, getting my profile set up and now here I am. My goal is to lose 70 pounds (how did that happen??...lol) and I know I really can't do this without lots of support. Looks like from what I read so far I have come to the right place. Hoping to get some friends to check in with once in a while.

So far I have combined calorie counting with lots of walking, along with food ideas from a couple of books I picked up. Hopefully this story will have a happy ending. Looking forward to meeting some of you and exchanging ideas and support.

:flowerforyou:

4970922.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Hello and first of all Congrats on already losing 8 pounds ! I have lost 30 already and have another 76 to go and i also wonder at times how in the world did i get to the place that for me i need to loose over 100 pounds ! We can encourage and support each other ! I will send you a friends request !
  • Sammyk50
    Sammyk50 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi! I love this site and I love my MFP friends! Add me if u would like! :flowerforyou:
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck on your weight loss journey! :)
  • rainbow_dawn1990
    Options
    Well first off thanks for joining and I'd be more then happy too offer my support so WELCOME GLAD TOO HAVE YA! P.s I started out with the phone app too I didn't know there was even a site till my therapist told me =)
  • OSUalum
    OSUalum Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Good job on your first 8 pounds!
    Keep up the fantastic work! Let me know if I can help.
  • fatlass70
    fatlass70 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP!

sounds like you are off to a great start. It took me a while to join the community but I'm SO glad I did - it has made a real difference for me to be able to chat to like minded folk who are on similar journeys to my own and have so far given me lots of encouragement, support and some laughs along the way.

I'll send you a friend request and will be happy to cheer you on :smile:
  • Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I think your going to do well here. Just stick to your plan, ask for help when you need it and always keep pushing and you will get there. I had 83 lbs to lose when I started 3 months ago and now I have 56 left. Still a long way to go but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

You can do it!
  • FJMilner
    FJMilner Posts: 407
    Options
    You've definitely come to the right place! Well done on your weight loss so far, I think we all could do with encouragement and friends to help us succeed sometimes. Feel free to add me....you can't have too many friends :flowerforyou:
  • ldlangford
    Options
    Hi and congrats on losing the 8lbs! I have been using this site for a week . Having to log in meals has been eye opening for me as far as calories! Feel free to ad me as a friend.