hey! I need you to answer a question.

Options
hey y'all! okay, so tomorrow I'm starting my new job at a gym. I'm going to be taking care of people's kids while they're working out. I saw my manager today at WalMart and I asked her what to wear and she said anything that covers you up and parents wouldn't freak out about. So I just bought two pairs of spandex-like work out pants that come to the middle of my calf. would you be offended if someone who was keeping your kid at a gym was wearing those? she's really laid back but I still don't know how it looks from a parent's point of view.

p.s. my mom said that when she used to drop me off at the gym day care when she worked out that's what the workers were wearing, but that was 10-15 years ago.. haha

HELP! :)

Replies

• jjl731
    jjl731 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yes, those pants are fine :) I would guess they probably dont want you wearing just a sports bra or shirt that shows your belly. Good luck with your new job!
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't have a problem with that... that's what the ladies at my gym wear. They have a uniform shirt that they have to wear with it (t-shirt)...

I think you're safe!
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    i personally wouldn't be bothered what the staff were wearing as long as the clothes are safe(ie no safety pins hanging off them! lol) but in a gym enviroment workout pants are perfectly fine(from a mum's point of view) and i live in these and prefer them as it's easier to run about after kids in them
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I think that would be fine :)
  • aladd2
    aladd2 Posts: 70
    Options
    I'm not a parent, but if I were, I don't think I'd be offended lol. It sounds perfectly reasonable to me
  • katelynpelerson
    katelynpelerson Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    thanks so much, that makes me feel so much better! yeah, I think she thought I was talking about shorts, but she wears the same pants that I bought to work so I figured it'd be fine, thanks for the reassurance!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    The pants are fine for the bottom half, but I'd make sure you wore something on the top half as well!

Good luck with the new job - do you get free gym membership?
  • JanW01
    JanW01 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't have a problem with you wearing those pants. My problem comes from seeing girls/women that let their puppies hang out and have their belly's exposed. Not very professional to me.
  • meshellmybell76
    meshellmybell76 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    nah, not offended at all. I would kinda expect them to be wearing something gymish :)
  • clarreb
    clarreb Posts: 18
    Options
    Yep I would be totally fine with that sort of outfit!! As long as you don't get too skimpy on your outfit, you should be just fine : ) Good luck on the new job!
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    i'd wear my workout clothes if i was you :o) i'm sure those are fine!
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    A-Ok! Good luck at your new job!
  • iDreamNEON
    iDreamNEON Posts: 112
    Options
    they sound fine to me. good luck on your new job =]
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    The pants are fine for the bottom half, but I'd make sure you wore something on the top half as well!

LOL

Those pants are totally situation appropriate. My mom's a daycare worker and she wears slightly looser pants (but not dress pants). She doesn't work in a gym though - the kidlets will probably be exposed to a little more from the people walking by....Defintely would do a t-shirt with it (
  • katelynpelerson
    katelynpelerson Posts: 99 Member
    Options

haha we have a staff polo so I don't have to pick anything to wear! thank God! yes I get a free membership which will definitely be a booster on my weight loss since all of the classes are free and I get a free personal trainer!
  • michelegrayson
    Options
    Your outfit sounds good to me. Clearly you need to be ready to run after the little scamps and a workout outfit sounds like it will do the job!
    url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]5037034.png[/url]
    For Foods