Day off?

Options
I was wondering how many of you take a day off from calorie counting now and then? I seem to find there are occationally days I just cant stay under my calorie goal. Any ideas for saving myself from weight loss sabotage?

Replies

• sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    even if I can't stay under goal, I still count them, I still enter them in. I still browse the site and chat with my friends. I see their victories and review my own.

That is what keeps me from having very many of these days where I go over goal. :smile: I just move ahead (and leave a record behind to review my patterns)
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I don't ever take a day off....I count everyday! Even if I am over I count.

2639362.png
  • Madjohnbonny
    Options
    I go over occasionally, but I enter my calories anyway. I even plan to have one meal a week where I eat anything I want, but I still log the calories as best as I can. Then at least I have a record, so if Im not losing weight I know why, or if I am, I know when and by how much I can still 'indulge' a bit.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I count everything I eat even if I go over. I have found counting when I am over is really good for me and makes me think twice about some of the things I want. Sometimes I still have them, but not so often and I think about it first. I usually try to get in some extra workout time if I go over.
  • crystaln05
    Options
    I take one day off a week. I eat whatever I want just watch how much of it I eat. I look at it as a reward for my hard work all week.
  • ssawchenko
    Options
    I find the weekends are hardest for me, and I will often miss a day here and there. Every now and then you have to treat yourself, or in the long run it won't be sustainable. I mean 'treat' though, not go completely crazy!

What I've found after using MFP for months now, is that I am a better judge of calories, so if I go out on weekends I can make better choices - even if they aren't logged.
  • Homer3D
    Homer3D Posts: 318
    Options
    I have a day off on Wednesday (Date Night with my wife). But I still pay attention to my weekly goal to make sure that by the end of the week I am still at or near my weekly caloric limit.
  • knrbaker
    knrbaker Posts: 21
    Options
    Thank you for encouraging me to make good choices and continue to log in everything even if its over. I was feeling very guilty about going over. I still hate seeing that -red#. :-)