New to MFP.....after being on 'the Dark Side'

Options
Hello all,

I am new to MFP, I have been struggling with weight watchers for quite some time now and feel I need a bit of a change to kick-start my motivation again.

I have about 10kg to lose, hopefully by the summer holidays when I go to NYC with the other half and really dont want to look back on pics feeling I look fat and frumpy, I'd like to look back on holiday snaps and reminisce about the holiday itself. I have quite a poor self-image of my body. I think if I lost the tum I'd feel much better! Even if I got below 11st...or anywhere near 11 st I'd be very chuffed!

A bit of background to my motivation for weight loss, I put on over a stone in the year of getting together with my lovely boyfriend. Just got comfortable, snuggling up on the sofa most nights with a takeaway meal, and all of a sudden, clothes are much tighter and having problems with IBS.

I joined WW in 2009, and actually did very well with it, losing about 1.5 stones in about 5 months. We joined a swish gym, and we were actually using it 3x weekly. Then Xmas happened, I fell off the wagon and really struggled to continue. Since Xmas 2009, I have not been able to get back into the swing of things. I have also recently moved jobs and am finding my new role far more demanding, mentally and physically. Most of the weight is now back on. I am now only 10lb under what I was when I started. had I managed to claw my way back on the wagon, I'd be at goal by now. Anyway, I started with WW new plan in Jan 2011, and have had a few successes, but also a few relapses. I think I need something newer which won't cost me a bomb! WW must LOVE me. As I said, I think a change is in order and I think I do well when everything is new and still a novelty!

OH and I have just bought bikes and we plan on cycling to work at least 3 times a week (about a 7mile round trip for me). If that, coupled with calorie counting doesn't work then I guess I'll either have to win the Euromillions and pay to have it sucked out in surgery, or throw in the towel and force myself to accept I'll always be a little bit podgy!

So any words of wisdom, success stories, or experiences changing from WW to MFP would be of great comfort!

I look forward to what the next few months hold!!

Amie xxx

Replies

• Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Welcome, welcome!!! I've definitely been there, done that... with just about everything. But I really know this site works, when you put the small amount of effort into actually using it! Good luck, make some "friends" (feel free to add me) and share all the success and struggles with the rest of us! We're here to help each other, and I find that an invaluable tool I wasn't finding anywhere else... even WW!!!!

Oh, and have a great time in NYC! Always wanted to go there.. maybe someday!
  • Munchiemooka
    Munchiemooka Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I have also done WW and got down to a size/weight I was really happy with but over a few years put it back on. I did try it again but just could not get on with it that time round. I have since found MFP and am finding it very easy to stick to and there is no guild involved unlike WW.

I love the exercise system as if you know you are going to go over you know that by doing a bit more you can get your day back on track which I find really encourges me to do exercise as then I can have that nice something sweet which is sitting in the fridge :bigsmile:

Please feel free to add me as a friend :smile:
  • lexy83
    lexy83 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!

Here is the link TO MY FB GROUP!:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=122505841129112&ref=ts

also add me on MFP LEXY83!