Weighing Yourself

Options
Hey ya'll! I was just wondering how often everybody weighs themselves. I just began my journey to be 25 pounds lighter and I was thinking about every two weeks. How often does everybody else do it?

Replies

• mclahey
    mclahey Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I weigh in weekly for my tracking on MFP...
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed with the scale. For the purposes of mfp, I try to do it just 2x a week. Usually Tuesday/Friday.
  • JoAnnLeahMurphy
    Options
    i do it everyday and I do NOT recommend this! LOL I think every week would be good...but this is coming from the daily weigher! Good luck and enjoy the journey
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Hi,

This is truly a personal preference. For me, weighing myself daily keeps ME accountable. For others, the daily fluctuations drive them nuts, so they go with once a week or less.

Up to you.....the more important issue is consistency. Do it the at the same time of day, in the same (or no) clothing, etc. For me, it is first thing in the morning, after using the bathroom, in the nude.
    Kaye
  • toodleton
    toodleton Posts: 82
    Options
    I weight daily but only log on Thursday's if I have a loss
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I weigh in weekly for my tracking on MFP...

I go with weekly because of daily fluctulations and make sure it is the same time (every wed at 10:30)!
  • toodleton
    toodleton Posts: 82
    Options
    weigh I meant not weight! lol
  • sarahtroupe
    sarahtroupe Posts: 164
    Options
    HELLO EVERYDAY I WEIGH MYSELF I KNOW THIS IS BADD BUT HEY I CANT HELP MYSELF LOL good luck
  • Homer3D
    Homer3D Posts: 318
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week using the same scale at the same time of day.

I have 2 scales at home. Both digital. Some reason I am 5 lbs heavier on one scale than the other.
    So I decide to work off the one that has me fatter…haha. But now I make sure to always use that same scale.
    I also make sure to do it at the exact same time of day since your weight can fluctuate a couple of pounds in either direction throughout the day.

So my routine is: Weigh myself, Monday morning @ 6am (when I wake up for work) using the scale in the master bathroom.
  • Munchiemooka
    Munchiemooka Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I try to weigh on a Wed and Sat but sometimes the temption of the scales in the bathroom get the better of me :bigsmile:
  • DyannAlvarez
    DyannAlvarez Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I was doing every 10 days then I hit a plateau. So I got a little crazy! Now that I'm losing again I've been doing every Saturday morning. More than once a week might make you crazy if you don't see it move or not moving enough to suite you. Like Kaye said, be consistent and if you're weighing everyday keep in mind that it'll be different probably every day! Good luck to you!
  • krmi0701
    krmi0701 Posts: 2
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, but I would suggest once a week or so. I try not to weigh myself but I cant! lol I do drive myself crazy when I gain.
  • ocsurfmama
    ocsurfmama Posts: 127
    Options
    I weigh once a week, but More Importantly for me is that I take my body measurements once every three weeks. The scale doesn't always tell the whole story of your progress. As you exercise, especially if you are doing added strengthening training, muscle weighs more but you lose inches. My scale had not moved in a week but when I had my body measurements done I had lost 6 inches overall!! I knew things were working when I dropped a size in my lower body and 2 sizes in the upper body.
  • slp2112
    slp2112 Posts: 107
    Options
    Once a month. I for one find the scale traumatic. Plus, one of the first things my trainer taught me was to stop using the scale as a metric for success (he has me doing lots of lifting/plyometrics/etc. so I often actually get smaller and my pants are looser, but I haven't dropped any weight on the scale, just dropped fat and added muscle).
  • TiffanyDawn79
    TiffanyDawn79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday as well. I feel that it keeps me in check.
  • crystaln05
    Options
    I do it about once a week - every 2-3 weeks. I don't put much thought into what it says though. I lift weights regularly and muscle weighs more than fat...what I prefer to do is take measurements and then calculate my body fat %. I feel that is a more effective way of determining fat weight vs just seeing your overall weight on a scale.
  • zainyk
    zainyk Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself officially once a week for MFP on the gym scales wearing my work out clothes including shoes, usually after work and before a training session. I weigh myself unofficially about ten times a day on my cheap CVS scale at home and do not recommend it at all, the fluctuations can be dispiriting. Even on the gym scales if i weigh myself in the morning i am upto 3lbs lighter. But yeah, officially once a week in the afternoon/early evening with clothes and shoes on.
  • shaheerahs
    shaheerahs Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning just because it kind of helps me gauge if I did well the day before or if there is something I probably should not have done/eaten. I only log my progress on Satutdays though.
  • Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hi,

This is truly a personal preference. For me, weighing myself daily keeps ME accountable. For others, the daily fluctuations drive them nuts, so they go with once a week or less.

Up to you.....the more important issue is consistency. Do it the at the same time of day, in the same (or no) clothing, etc. For me, it is first thing in the morning, after using the bathroom, in the nude.
    Kaye

Couldn't have said it better. Well, except the nude part. lol I weigh in bra and underwear.
  • TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    I weigh in once a week, first thing Monday morning. Although sometimes I feel like I want to weigh myself during the week as well.