p90x workouts

Options
I've been seriously considering starting P90x for awhile but haven't been able to find out how long the workouts are. I have an 8 month old baby who doesn't nap for very long so I'm planning on doing the workouts either first thing in the morning or after he goes to bed but I'm trying to find out as much as I can before spend the money. Any other fairly new moms doing it right now?

Replies

• RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    my first alarm goes off at 4:45am and I go from 5am to 6am, six times a week for P90x - given, I took out Yoga X and substitute it for something within the 59 minute time frame. Yoga X is like an hour and a half long.
  • vanfox23
    vanfox23 Posts: 110
    Options
    The workouts take about an hour to an hour and a half and it's for 6 days a week. I am currently doing it and I love the workouts. Both of my kids are in school so it's a bit easier. Good luck to you!
  • julybugg
    julybugg Posts: 10
    Options
    My baby is 21 months old... so we do them after she goes to bed at night... I really love the p90x- my husband & I are both having great results and we are in week 8!!

Workouts are about 1hr long- good luck to you if you decide to do it! I think you will like it!
  • alonnadodd
    alonnadodd Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much!! An hour -an hour and a half I can handle - I'm already doing 50 minutes now anyway and going 6 days a week.
  • taryn_perry
    taryn_perry Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I have young ones myself and the only time that works for me to hammer out my workouts is first thing. So yup, like ocds, I'm up at 5:30am to do them. They are each about an hour long, with Yoga X running closer to 90 minutes. Well worth it.

Good luck if you decide to do it! I've gone through 6 rounds in 2.5 years...I loved the results I had. Here are mine, as a matter of fact: http://bit.ly/P90XPostBabyVideo

Keep us posted too!
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    the workouts are generally between 1hr-1hr 15...yoga is the only longer one at 1hour 30.

my kids are a bit older(2 and 1) but my daughter has disabilities and sleep issues are a huge problem so the only time i have to do it is between 7.30pm and 11pm(that's when she sleeps most) and it fits perfectly into my schedule

tbh at the end of the day it's easy to think 'i really can't be bothered' but i've managed to not skip a day yet and i'm sure you would feel the same dedication once started
  • AndreSF
    AndreSF Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Here are all 12 P90X workouts. It is a serious time commitment...

1:Chest & Back - 52:50
    2:Plyometrics - 58:36
    3:Shoulders & Arms - 59:53
    4:Yoga X - 92:24
    5:Legs & Back - 58:56
    6:Kenpo X - 58:46
    7:X Stretch - 57:32
    8:Core Synergistics - 57:27
    9:Chest, Shoulders & Triceps - 55:44
    10:Back & Biceps - 51:36
    11:Cardio X - 43:18
    12:Ab Ripper X - 16:07
  • JAG1224
    JAG1224 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    i try to do them before my 10 month old wakes up, so i'm up at 5:30 or during his nap. sometimes I'll even do it after he goes to bed.. just depends on the day. you'll find what time works best for you.. good luck!! the workouts are awesome! :smile: