Knee pain

Options
From time to time my left knee will click when I am walking. Last week and this week I notice the clicking seems the worst during exercise when it is my third day in a row. Usually on that third day the joint stiffens up and the day after I have had pain. I have taken each of those "pain" days off and by the next day the pain is gone and I can workout again.

This has only been the second time it's happened. Does this sound like anything you have experienced? When would you go to the doctor for this?

Replies

• amandakay3000
    Options
    could be cartilage deterioration, which you can't do anything about. but i would go to the doc right away just in case.
  • brandi16
    brandi16 Posts: 56
    Options
    I have bad knees and I would tell you it is probably nothing too bad but still go to the doctor since you just don't know. Each "click" is different...my "click" is Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome...doubt since this is the 2nd time you have felt it that that is the case for you, but you never know. You may have just twisted a bit wrong, with excess fluid that is pushing on something causing the "click"...

Either way, it doesnt' hurt to get it checked out...good luck!!