30 day shred or P90X?

Options
I have both... want to know which one people liked better and why? Yes I know one is 30 days and one is 90.... but overall, what you liked or didn't like about them. I've read so many people like the 30 day shred, and I've had friends get awesome results from p90x...
What are your thoughts?

Replies

• NoPyForYou
    NoPyForYou Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I also have both. They are not comparable.

30 day shred is three 20 minute work outs. Are they hard? Yes. Are they going to help you see some results? Sure.

P90X is twelve 60-90 minute workouts that work EVERYTHING in different ways. Cardio, lifting, stretching, yoga.

I would put it this way: 30 Day Shred is a great workout. P90X is an excellent full body training/fitness system.
  • srobinson1217
    srobinson1217 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    P90X all the way!!! For one there are 12 different dvd's, they vary in length so you get a very good mixture of things and it's FUN! You will burn way more calories with the P90X, I did the 30 day shred and wasn't real impressed with it myself. P90X is pretty intense but you can do it at your own skill level and still get amazing results, and ALWAYS an amazing workout!!
  • Apowers38
    Options
    P90X has more to offer than the 30 Day Shred. I just finished a round of P90X and am starting Insanity next. The programs that Beachbody offer are more comprehensive and are the complete package. It is difficult to get bored too since each program has multiple routines and versions to mix it up and make sure that you never plateau. I'm a Beachbody coach. Let me know if you have any questions!
  • lisaap77
    lisaap77 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I also have both. I think 30 day shred is an excellent way to begin working out and build up to P90X. 30 day shred is also great workout if you don't have 60-90 minutes. Both are great workouts, but you just can't beat the variety and the good ole fashioned hard work you get from P90X.
  • thomasbf
    thomasbf Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You need to be in shape for P90X or you just won't get much out of it. I'd suggest, like some of the others, doing the 30 days of 30DS and see where you are.
  • crystaln05
    Options
    I do p90x. I started it without any real prior workout routine, I just started slow, took breaks when I needed to, and concentrated more on doing the exercise properly instead of keeping up with the reps. Now I can keep up and I don't have to hit pause once throughout an entire workout. I really like it and find it to be an amazing workout! But since you have both why choose? Do one, then the other after.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I can't speak to P90X, but it sounds way too intense for me! I have 30-Day Shred and am trying to fit it in there, but it's hard with a 2-month-old at home! (Even 20 minutes of peace to be able to do that is tough - any exercise I do pretty much has to involve him, which is why I do a lot of walking...) However, about a year and a half ago I was really awesome about doing the 30-day shred 5-6 days a week for a couple of weeks (I know, how impressive?), and my ability to do the exercises was way better even after the third or fourth go-round versus the first day. The first time I did it, I couldn't come close to doing all the push-ups, but by the end of the first week I could keep up, no problem.

Good luck!

Rebecca