Introducing myself

Options
Hi everyone! This is my 4th day on this great site! I am 45 years old and have been happily married for the past 25 years. We have three sons, 20, 18, and 16. I was always a tiny person, even after my sons were born. I have always eaten well and exercise was a part of my daily life. I played tennis and used to teach an aerobics class. Unfortunately, when my youngest son was 1 year old, I was diagnosed with a progressive neuromuscular disease that made my muscles waste away, weaken me, and cause chronic pain. Long story short, I turned to food for comfort when I found that not only could I enjoy the activities I once did, but found I could no longer even walk.

I now walk with the assistance of a cane for very short distances, and at home I use a walker. The rest of the time I am in a wheelchair. My goal is to lose 30 pounds and to stop emotional eating! I cannot exercise, but I CAN control what goes into my mouth. I would love to have fitness pal friends to share encouraging words and motivation. :)

Replies

• CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I would love to have fitness pal friends to share encouraging words and motivation. :)
    Me me me! :happy:
  • mok33
    mok33 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    welcome... this is a great tool for weight loss... feel free to add me... I am only ten days in, but have a ways to go!
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Good luck, you can do it!
  • lildazey
    lildazey Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Feel free to add me for support! :)
  • Midgetgem74
    Midgetgem74 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi there welcome to the site I've been on here over a month now and love it and log in religiously everyday and its really helped me to stick to my calories because I consider the calorie content before anything...well almost anything (some cheats) goes into my mouth. I too am not as mobile as before I am waiting for hip replacements but have been told to lose weight first! So I know how difficult it is when you can hardly walk let alone exercise! feel free to add me as a friend be lovely to spur each other on! One thing I find is loads people post their daily exercise on here which saddens me as I can't really do anything and some days do well just to be wandering about at home! So I never post my execise either and sometimes wish I could! Keep in touch and keep up the good positive work!
  • theresabell67
    theresabell67 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! Feel free to add me for motivation and support.
  • cjeani
    cjeani Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi! And Welcome. I am also disabled. I need double knee replacements among other surgeries, and I live with chronic pain. It is very hard for me to motivate myself to exercise. I have good days and bad ones, but I agree with you, even if I can't do a lot of walking or aerobics etc., If I can control what goes in my mouth, I can loose this weight so I can have my surgeries. I am here for your as much as I possibly can be. The journey of a thousands miles, begins with one step!