It's now or never

Options
Hi everyone, I'm new to this and I'm very excited about having a network of people in the same boat that I'm in... but are willing to fix the sinking ship like me :) I'm a procrastinator! I have put off beginning my weight loss for a long time. I have had an emotionally tough year and felt that it wasn't time.. at least not in my mind. My goal is to get to a comfortable weight that I can live with, which of course is the main reason for doing this.... I want to live a long life with my husband and daughter, who is 25 and begging me to get healthy so she won't lose me to a weight related disease. She wants to see me play with my grandkids ..when I have them :smile: So here's to the journey. I wish you all lots of luck in your own endeavors and pray that I can reach my goals in a healthy manner :happy:

Replies

• Rockstar_rabbit
    Options
    welcome!
  • OSUalum
    OSUalum Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Hi! And good luck!
  • polkataniec
    polkataniec Posts: 102
    Options
    Welcome tiger! i'm kind of new too and love the technical support and friends...add me as yours if you like and good luck!
  • Sulltana87
    Options
    very sweet, brought me to tears actually.

Welcome to My Fitness Pal. You'll find a lot of supportive friends.
  • perrytyra
    perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Welcome dear one!!!! I have the same goal... to be a healthy active grandma... someday! My kids are a bit younger, but since I lost my Dad way too soon, I want to be there. Healthy and happy and active! You can do it!!!!!!
  • hitxgirl
    hitxgirl Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    This is a great website. Be honest with yourself and log all your food and exercise daily and you will do great! Remember, baby steps. Whether you have 15 lbs. or 150 lbs. to lose, do it slowly and safely. I also recommend taking note of your weight and measurements. I do my weigh-ins every Wed. morning (both weight and measurements). I have noticed that I will usually lose lbs. OR inches. Rarely both in the same week. The reports section on this site motivates me when I look at the graphs showing my progress!

Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • kelbel76
    kelbel76 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you!
  • tigercrazy
    Options
    Wow, I already love this site. You guys are wonderful and I KNOW that this was a great decision coming here. Thanks so much for your warm welcome. Good luck to all of you also. Here's to US!
  • FILLE
    FILLE Posts: 45
    Options
    This is a great website. Be honest with yourself and log all your food and exercise daily and you will do great! Remember, baby steps. Whether you have 15 lbs. or 150 lbs. to lose, do it slowly and safely. I also recommend taking note of your weight and measurements. I do my weigh-ins every Wed. morning (both weight and measurements). I have noticed that I will usually lose lbs. OR inches. Rarely both in the same week. The reports section on this site motivates me when I look at the graphs showing my progress!

Good luck!:flowerforyou:

totally agree, the most important thing is to be honest with yourself. This is a great site for motivation and support.. Fell free to add me as friend. I will defenitly offer support and encouragement and YAYAYA. have a great adventure!
  • Ante_Up
    Ante_Up Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :)