Looking for support/encouragement from others fighting the s

Options
Good evening,

I have been using MFP for 30 days now. I have found that if I put anything in my mouth, the first thing I do is pick up my phone or laptop and add it; which is a good thing.

Though I have already lost 25 pounds, I still have a long way to go. I currently attend at Zumba class 4 times a week, and LOVE it, have made a ton of new friends that I wouldn't give up for anything, but so many of them aren't fighting the same battle.

I would love to have more friends here, that are looking to lose weight and get healthy. People I can bounce thoughts and ideas off of, etc.

If you can send me a Friend Request, I promise I will accept it!

Jodi

Replies

• penny5
    penny5 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm in this for the long haul so we can do this together :flowerforyou:
  • vanfox23
    vanfox23 Posts: 110
    Options
    Sending you a request. Healthy and fit is my goal. So many people are on fad diets and that's not what I want. I want to eat right and exercise right. Not cut out whole food groups for quick weight loss. I look forward to getting to know you!
  • blueeyedtraveler
    blueeyedtraveler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a great plan, Penny.
  • blueeyedtraveler
    Options
    Sending you a request. Healthy and fit is my goal. So many people are on fad diets and that's not what I want. I want to eat right and exercise right. Not cut out whole food groups for quick weight loss. I look forward to getting to know you!

For me, there is no other way! If you don't do it right the first time, the weight is just going to come back and you're going to end up back at square one, so what's the point?!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I'll be here forever... I've come so far, but still have a way to go! I've always wanted to try Zumba, if I can find a class that fits in my crazy schedule I will do it!!!! Until then... I'm running off the pounds!

You can do it! You're already on the right road just by being here!!!!
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    It is great to have friends here that you can talk to and get some motivation and support from! Sent you a friend request :)
  • Nomoregut
    Nomoregut Posts: 39
    Options
    Welcome and I am glad you joined the site. There are a lot of good people on here to help and encourage.
  • tomjenn
    tomjenn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Will be sending you a request. :happy:
  • blueeyedtraveler
    Options
    Thank you to everyone that is adding me as a friend...I can't wait to further my journey with the help of all of you!

I've always wanted to try Zumba, if I can find a class that fits in my crazy schedule I will do it!!!!

Go to Zumba.com and click on find a class; put in your zip code and a radius. You'll be surprised at how many classes are around (and these classes are by CERTIFIED instructors, that's very important)
  • mjemerson
    mjemerson Posts: 141
    Options
    Congrats on all the weight you have lost so far, that is great! I am in the same boat and definitely have the same out look...eating right and exercising! We can all do this together!!
  • blueeyedtraveler
    Options
    That is one big dog! I look forward to all of us reaching our goals with the help of each other :)
  • lrig22natalie
    lrig22natalie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i'm looking for friends too! so feel free to add me. i am all for encouragement, MOTIVATION, and accountability to living a healthy life style.
  • mjemerson
    mjemerson Posts: 141
    Options
    That is one big dog! I look forward to all of us reaching our goals with the help of each other :)

Hahaha, yeah that is Obi. He is 116 lbs, a weight I will never be but still he is impressive! My big teddy bear!
  • blueeyedtraveler
    Options

Hahaha, yeah that is Obi. He is 116 lbs, a weight I will never be but still he is impressive! My big teddy bear!

He's beautiful! If I got down to 116 pounds, I'd definitely look anorexic. I'm 5' 11 1/2" lol
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as everyone else. My goal is to get healthier and lose weight. I am not big on all those weight loss plans out there since I have heard that people tend to gain the weight back. Sending you a friend request.