Jillian Michaels Online

Options
Hey guys! I did a search of the forums about Jillian Michaels's online program (trying not to be redundant if it was a recent topic), and read the ones I could find, but they all seemed to be between 8 and 14 months ago. So I need some new opinions! :)

Currently I do her 30 Day Shred in the morning, and then when my boyfriend gets home we go to the gym together, alternating days of heavy cardio with somewhat easier days of swimming laps and doing underwater aerobics. I'm not home on the weekends, so I haven't been working out then. I'm an organic vegan. I struggle with cancer. I suck at logging. :P Haha, now you know the truth about me.

So have any of you tried it out, and do you have any opinions or advice? Since I already track my calories (uuuuusually, haha) on MFP, I'm wondering if it's worth the $4/week for the recipes and workout tips. I notice that even though we've got so many of her devotees here on the site, no one ever seems to really talk about her online program, and I'm super curious.

Thanks! :happy:

Replies

• Natalie0506
    Natalie0506 Posts: 163
    Options
    Nope, it's definately not. SparkPeople.com does the same thing for free. Plus she charges you for 13 weeks at a time, so it's not really $4 per week.
  • HCGracie
    HCGracie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    With the Shred dvd I got a 30 day trial so I figured I would try it out and I definetly will NOT be paying for it.
    It basically has about the same thing as MFP, one difference is it plans your menus for the week and your exercise for the week.

I also have her free app on my iPhone (Jillian Michaels Slim Down) and I find that some of her advice on there is very fitting some days and would pay for it before the online program. It has different exercises and workouts on it just not as many as online.
  • north35
    north35 Posts: 70
    Options
    Hi there,
    I am a member and will be cancelling mine once my 3 months is up. You have to pay 3 months in advance (so I paid $52.00) I do love her and I LOVE the message boards, but I hate the food log (I wish I had found this site 1st lol) and I don't have time to follow her menu ( I prefer eating what I make) and really I just am not using it. I am on here way more. I will miss the message boards though and her inspiration, but that is not enough for me to justify the cost. This of course is just my opinion. I know others that love it. But MFP is so much easier to use. I hope this helps!
    Cheers
    North
  • GameOn2011
    GameOn2011 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Ha Ha I was getting ready to cancel when I won 4 free months on the site so when that is up I'll probably cancel. This site is MUCH better for tracking food and exercise.

BUT, I do LOVE her variety of circuits she offers. The workouts have been great for me. I have been printing them out and compiling a notebook of the workouts so I can keep up the strength training, but I agree, it's only good for so long and then it all repeats, meals and workouts, nothing new after a few months. But it did help give me the jump start I needed and I lost 10 pounds.