Low carb breakfast? Is it possible?

Options
MegJo
MegJo Posts: 398 Member
I love carbs, I go over on my (already high) goal often. For breakfast I LOVE cereal, or pancakes.

Seeing that I throw away quite a bit of carbs on breakfast (when they could be spent on potatoes or bread at dinner), I was hoping to get some alternatives!

I'm open to breakfast ideas with some carbs, maybe just on the lower end.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Shadowcasting
    Shadowcasting Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Eggbeater omeletes come to mind.
  • soon2bmrsc
    Options
    OHHH Me too!! I have the same problem as you! I LOVE carbs ;)

Lately, I've been trying oatmeal and a bananna or a bagel thin and yogurt and they keep me satisfied.
  • chuckanderson
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/Clif-Bar-Builders-Chocolate-2-4-Ounce/dp/B000668QYU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1302833280&sr=8-1

They taste so good you feel like you're cheating. The protein keeps you full a LONG time.
  • jennro7781
    jennro7781 Posts: 208
    Options
    I have two servings of fruit and a protien bar for breakfast. Yes they are carbs but fruit carbs are better for you than simple carbs (white bread, sugary cereal, etc). Good luck!
  • ChocoMary
    ChocoMary Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with fruits ! ;)
  • dmanakho
    dmanakho Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    scrambled eggs with turkey breakfast sausages. :)
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Try a egg white omelet or frittata. I make mine with Bob Evans turkey sausage, 1/3 oz cheese and spinach. Very tasty, good protein, and low carb.
  • curliegirl
    curliegirl Posts: 191
    Options
    I eat scrambled eggs a bunch with a muffin. There is protein in the egg & muffin. It makes it pretty balanced. I like to eat yogurt, fruit & granola too. You could also try the Special K protein cereal if you NEED to do cereal.

Hope this helps!

Kim
  • lnosgood
    lnosgood Posts: 92
    Options
    I've been doing the low carb yogurt and a banana for breakfast. =) The low carb yogurt has 3-5g carbs and the banana has about 25-30 depending on the size of the banana.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Google South Beach Diet phase 1 breakfast recipes! There's a website called 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet (I think??) and there have been TONNNS of recipes posted on their forums :)
  • shimila1101
    shimila1101 Posts: 119
    Options
    I love my carbs too!!! I usually have a whole wheat bagel thin with either peanut butter on it, or plain with fat free cottage cheese. It seems to work for me.
  • april_kelley
    april_kelley Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love the Special K cereals also and a bowl of oatmeal and a banana go a long way also!!
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I like a tablespoon of peanut butter on a multigrain waffle. And fruit of some sort. The fiber and protein keeps me full.
    :tongue:
  • WWE_chick
    WWE_chick Posts: 86
    Options
    What do you consider low carbs? My breakfast is about 16 carbs which is fine for me but might be considered high to some. It's 1/2 cup of plain eggbeaters, a piece of white american cheese (when this pack runs out I am getting low fat cheese) and a tablespoon of salsa. 1 piece of whole wheat toast and that's it.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Almost every morning I have 2 extra large eggs poached with an egg poacher, 1/4 cup reduced sodium mozzarella, a little pico de gallo, and 8oz of low sodium V8. Another favorite is scrambling the eggs and adding spinach instead of having the V8. I rarely eat bread or fruit for breakfast. I find that protein, fat, and veggies set me up for a day of good blood sugar. Look up Phase 1 South Beach breakfasts. You'll get some great ideas.
  • dmanakho
    dmanakho Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I love the Special K cereals also and a bowl of oatmeal and a banana go a long way also!!

wait... what is a low carb part of it?
  • Soupskin
    Soupskin Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Fresh - Banana - Raw Medium
    Quaker - Natural Granola Oats & Honey Cereal (1/4 cup)
    Chobani Greek Yogurt - Blueberry Non Fat 0%

I mix it all together in a bowl.

340 calories and 44 carbs
  • skitchlu
    skitchlu Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You can get really good low carb, high protein pancake mix - you may want to try that. Also, I have bought Carbquick, low carb flour, which makes great biscuits, bread and pancakes too. Give it a try - you get less carb, good protein, and the "feeling" of having a high carb breakfast!
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Egg beaters omelettes with spinich low fat cheese and tomato. And low sodium turkey bacon or sausage. Its all protien accept a few in the tomatos and spinich and its YUMMY!
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options

wait... what is a low carb part of it?

The coffee.

Eat real eggs, bacon, sausage, ham, etc.. Skip all the junk in boxes and eat real food.