Motivated Newbie

Options
It's been just over a week now since I started and I've done well so far but I know in a short period of time my motivation will disappear and I'll need some help staying on track.

What is your main source of motivation to just keep going?!

Replies

• HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I imagine myself in my smokin' hot new bod while I'm working out :) And getting a support group/community behind you is a MUST!!
  • MrsH06
    MrsH06 Posts: 159
    Options
    I know it sounds cliche but I am a mom of 3 and I want to be the best role model possible for them. I come from a family of diabetes and I really don't want to be next. Also, I want confidence. I have always had really bad self esteem and I just really want to be comfortable with myself. Add me if you want. I can help you stay motivated :)
  • pinkpowerrangerdede
    Options
    We can do this! Don't give it.... one day at a time!! :bigsmile:
  • kimeister
    kimeister Posts: 212
    Options
    My motivation is knowing that I'll be able to do all the active things I already love doing, only with lots less strain and pain. The fact that I go to the gym and it gets easier and easier every week (until my PTO adds more weights/reps/sets LOL) is my ongoing motivation. After only 6 weeks, I can already do things easily that I couldn't do at all when I started. It feels amazing.
  • gunny34
    gunny34 Posts: 68
    Options
    what motivates me is .... I'm sick of not being comfortable in my own skin. I hate to wear clothes and try to hide in them.. I want to look good in my clothes. I want them to fit good and I usually HATE summer.. This year, I'm determined to LOVE it. ;O).... Also, I've noticed, being a part of a 30 day challenge helps too.
  • gunny34
    gunny34 Posts: 68
    Options
    :bigsmile:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Stole this from my friend's facebook status today:

"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going." -Jim Ryan

So....another person once told me that it takes 40 days to break a bad habit and 21 days to create a new good one. If you can spend the next two weeks making this a habit, you should be well on your way...and a few weeks after that old habits should be dying off :)