Cinnamon

Options
Has anyone heard of taking cinnamon to help loss weight and has anyone tried it and had results

Replies

• meshellmybell76
    meshellmybell76 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon is a very effective blood sugar stabilizer, which indirectly can be helpful with weightloss.
  • creativedisaster
    Options
    I've never heard about taking it for weight loss but I know it is good if you have high blood pressure. here is an article for you... http://altmedicine.about.com/od/cinnamon/a/cinnamon.htm
  • LillysGranny
    Options
    I put it in my oatmeal every day along with some ginger. The "heat" is supposed to give you a tiny metabolic boost and cinnamon consumption is also supposed to lower cholesterol. Also, you are supposed to feel more satisfied after eating strong flavors. Red pepper is one that is supposed to have the same effect but I don't use it often. I've been meeting my goal, but I think it is because I have been exercising consistently and eating pretty close to my goal every day.
  • Ree_Chatelain
    Ree_Chatelain Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I've read an article that mentioned it's good for weight loss but it stressed to becareful because of how it effects blood sugar levels. I haven't tried it.
  • isobel2010
    Options
    Yes - it staves off appetite. I use it on non-fat plain yogurt with dash of brown sugar. If calories allow - add walnuts and blueberries. Really good - tastes like dessert.
  • Ree_Chatelain
    Ree_Chatelain Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have heard the same thing about red pepper. Since I like spicy food, I've been adding more pepper to my dishes but I don't know how much it is really effecting my weight loss.