Stronger Better Faster Nov 8

Options
It's Saturday! :bigsmile:
I'm sure most of you are sleeping in if you can.
My day started off rotten but I think it's on the up. I discovered something totally gross this morning while making breakfast, but I think it would be rated R to tell you all. It has to do with blood (that wasn't ours or human for that matter) and that's all I'm saying. And Alex already had his first meltdown.
Today we are working on Alex's bed and running a few errands. Other than that I don't know what the plan is. I don't care what we do as long as everyone is happy.
I hope you all have a good weekend! I will be thinking about you today!
MM

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    It's Saturday! :bigsmile:
    I'm sure most of you are sleeping in if you can.
    My day started off rotten but I think it's on the up. I discovered something totally gross this morning while making breakfast, but I think it would be rated R to tell you all. It has to do with blood (that wasn't ours or human for that matter) and that's all I'm saying. And Alex already had his first meltdown.
    Today we are working on Alex's bed and running a few errands. Other than that I don't know what the plan is. I don't care what we do as long as everyone is happy.
    I hope you all have a good weekend! I will be thinking about you today!
    MM
  • Janie0001
    Janie0001 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Well my curiousity is killing me. Was eggs involved in this breakfast?
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    It wasn't part of breakfast. Just found it while making breakfast. I'll send you a private message if you really want to know. lol
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Rats maybe?
    I'm sure we all want to know.

Yesterday I did day 3 of week 1 push ups and almost couldn't finish. I might do day 3 for a few more days. I also biked for an hour. Today is more biking - out for a long ride with husband. Tonight I'm seeing "The Secret Life of Bees" with my cousin and mom - the book, coincidentally, is my book club's book. I've made it through the first CD (I'm listening to it in the car) and it doesn't sound like a happy book. I bought some granny smiths on sale, so I may make an apple dessert tonight for everyone. Something like Apple Brown Betty. I was looking for a recipe that didn't have flour, but couldn't find one - V, you have something?

V - sorry about your strike. I don't know how you would keep from getting bored. Maybe make up stories in your head about all the other people around you.

Karen, have fun in Maine - sounds cold.
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    If you all don't want to read the my horror story, then skip this post. lol
    Mary was right. A rat. Since they finished the siding we've had at least 1 maybe 2-3 rats stuck in the walls etc. There's been one stuck in the kitchen wall making a whole bunch of racket. I was hoping we'd find a way to get it out or it would find a way. We have a built in microwave and the vent pipe goes up through one of the cabinets and I guess outside. Not sure. Anyway, I've heard it scratching on that pipe but we thought it was in the wall next to the pipe. Well, I'm pretty sure it's IN the pipe. I opened the microwave to heat up breakfast and there's a puddle on the glass plate at the bottom. I looked at it for a minute wondering what spilled. It looked like hamburger "juice" and I haven't defrosted hamburger in there for a long time. Then I looked up to the top and saw it dripping from the top. I looked at it for a second because it didn't click. When it did...GROSS!!!! I cleaned up it but I don't really want to use the microwave today. Or ever. Maybe we can ask for a new one. (rent house). There's someone coming out this afternoon to take care of it. I will not be present. The guy coming out didn't sound too excited either. Maybe it's not as gross as I think, because my imagination runs wild.
    Anyway, that's the story.
    MM
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    MM, Sounds like a landlord concern. I would insist on a new microwave, I think. Yikes. Oh, and as far as the picketing goes, I'm trying to approach it like it's fieldwork and use my anthropology training to remain impartial and detached.

Today I'm going to the gym in a bit to get in some elliptical. I hope to eat well despite my urge to turn to frustration eating.

so,
    water
    vits
    elliptical.

Take care of yourselves, everybody. :flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    I think I'm gonna either cry or puke. It's a squirrel, not a rat, and he's alive. I want some chocolate! :sad: :sick:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Whew! I am so relieved! Animal control came over to catch the squirrel, and before he could catch it, it ran out the back door and over the neighbor's fence! I guess it wasn't hurt too badly! What an adventure. I'm just so glad we didn't have to kill it or that it was hurt too badly. Now I can relax!
    MM
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I think I'm gonna either cry or puke. It's a squirrel, not a rat, and he's alive. I want some chocolate! :sad: :sick:

Oh , I'm so sorry. Poor thing. Poor you. What a day.:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • Janie0001
    Janie0001 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Oh my! I am so sorry for what a day you have had. Tomorrow will be better. Take care!!
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    How traumatic, MM! :cry: I'm glad it got out OK and hopefully that will be the end of it. :flowerforyou:

I'm just getting ready for my trip. Mary told me there's a Whole Foods near my hotel and I think I have a kitchenette in my room - woohoo! And I just found out that I will get to see my nephew for the first time since he was born (last year on Christmas Day) tomorrow, so that should be fun. I'll plan to keep checking in while I'm gone, but it may not be as frequently. My goals are to keep my eating under control and take advantage of the hotel fitness room and pool. Oh, and still get some project work done while I am gone (I'm bringing my laptop).

Take care, all! :heart: