Girls Night Out help! :)

Options
I'm having a girls night out tomorrow, and I need to bring something delicious. I tried to bake low cal brownies (a recipe I found here) but I must have done something wrong because they're bland...

Is there something I can make that's delicious and super quick that I can bring tomorrow? :)

Replies

• live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    How about a yummy fruit salad?
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Chocolate dipped strawberries
  • SugaDumplin
    Options
    CREAM CHEESE CLOUDS
    8 ounces cream cheese, softened
    1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
    1/2-3/4 cup granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda *
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla or other flavoring

Beat everything with an electric mixer until fluffy. Drop by bite-size spoonfuls onto a wax paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze until firm, at least 1 hour. Store in the freezer and eat frozen.

Makes 24 clouds

* I didn't think they were quite sweet enough with 1/2 cup so I used liquid Splenda to equal 3/4 cup granular. The counts are based on 3/4 cup Splenda.

NOTE: You can store these in the refrigerator and they will hold their shape quite well as long as they are good and cold.

With granular Splenda:
    Per Cloud: 70 Calories; 7g Fat; 1g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carb
    Per 2 Clouds: 140 Calories; 14g Fat; 2g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs

With liquid Splenda:
    Per 2 Clouds: 134 Calories; 14g Fat; 2g Protein; .5g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; .5g Net Carbs
    Per 4 Clouds: 268 Calories; 29g Fat; 3g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carb

PS) you can add crushed pineapple, walnuts, peacans, etc. whatever you like to add to it.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Try RecipeGirl.com. There are tons of good ideas for entertaining!
  • Bellydance
    Bellydance Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My Girls Night Out don't usually include much food. Maybe some raw oyster shooters LOL ..........but that's probably not quite what you're looking for. Let's see ~thinking~A nice Greek Salad is easy and quick. There's always deviled eggs with LF mayo or yogurt and a little mustard and tons of tiny chopped other things.
  • Domestica
    Domestica Posts: 91
    Options
    I just blogged this great low-calorie salsa with a mystery ingredient that NO ONE ever guesses! Check it out!

http://natashakay.wordpress.com/2011/04/14/split-personality-salsa/
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Layer in a glass bowl:

Sugar Free (or not) Angel Food Cake
    Sugar Free (or not) chocolate pudding (or vanilla, or whatever flavor you like)
    Sugar Free (or not) Cool Whip
    Shredded Coconut
    Chopped Pecans (or cocoa almonds) - actually, any nut with crunch
    **If you use a different flavor of pudding, you can also mix in a drained can of fruit cocktail with the pudding

This can be adjusted to pretty much any flavor combination you like.
  • mollymoo89
    mollymoo89 Posts: 202
    Options

chocolate covered strawberries are amazing, however, they're very very high in calories!!
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Black Bean Salad/Dip

Black Beans
    Chopped tomato, onion, avocado, cilantro, jalepeno (optional)
    Frozen Corn
    Red Wine Vinegar
    Lime Juice
    Salt/Pepper to taste

Can be eaten as a salad or salsa with tortilla chips
  • SoFLYFireman
    SoFLYFireman Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Can I come? I'll wear firefighter suspenders and boots ;)
  • DangerRanger
    DangerRanger Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    plastic forks and spoons... can't go wrong!
  • classicshell
    Options
    Can I come? I'll wear firefighter suspenders and boots ;)

Oooohhhh, that sounds great. ;) Be there at 7. lol
  • cng1117
    cng1117 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    plastic forks and spoons... can't go wrong!
    :laugh:
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options

chocolate covered strawberries are amazing, however, they're very very high in calories!!

Oh boo. I'm sure there has to be a way to lighten them up...
  • classicshell
    Options
    You guys had soooo many good ideas!!! Ultimately the clouds won out. The hubby LOVED THEM!! (shhh, don't tell him they had splenda instead of "real" sugar lol)
  • maygans
    maygans Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try this recipe and bring it to my friend's house this weekend!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/03/strawberry-swirl-cheesecake.html

It looks delicious and is low cal for a dessert (130ish calories per square!). I'm excited to try it out!
  • Domestica
    Domestica Posts: 91
    Options
    Ohhh..if you want cheesecake -- here's one that will blow your mind. Tofu Cheesecake! Yes, TOFU! And even the hubbies of all my friends DEVOURED IT! They had NO idea!

Skinny Caramel Macchiato Cheesecake: http://natashakay.wordpress.com/2011/03/27/skinny-caramel-macchiato-cheesecake/
  • Chikeebabe
    Chikeebabe Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Fruit Salad is always a good party staple.
    Or if your lookin' for a little more sumpin' sumpin'....
    Try 1 box of no pudge brownie mix & mix it with i can of pumpkin (nothing else) then follow the baking directions on the box.

You get a really dense almost fudge like brownie. I dig 'em - maybe you will too.

Let me know~

Have fun tomorrow!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
  • classicshell
    Options
    Ohhh..if you want cheesecake -- here's one that will blow your mind. Tofu Cheesecake! Yes, TOFU! And even the hubbies of all my friends DEVOURED IT! They had NO idea!

Skinny Caramel Macchiato Cheesecake: http://natashakay.wordpress.com/2011/03/27/skinny-caramel-macchiato-cheesecake/

TOFU? Cheesecake? That sounds so gross that it MUST be good!