Should I do double workouts for Easter Break?

Options
Okay, so Easter break starts tomorrow and goes through Apr. 26. I was thinking about trying to do double workouts...but what's the best way to do it (I work out in the garage at home)???
** Do double workouts every other day (so I have a day of rest inbetween)
** Do a normal workout one day, and a double workout the next?

I usually workout for about total of 60 minutes... I used to do it every other day, but now I'm on day 6 of 30 Day Shred - that's every day... and then another 30-40 minutes of treadmill or elliptical on top of that to get more cardio (cuz my knees can't take the lunges and sideways moves of the Shred, but they are fine on the machines). I'm 43 years old, started at 218, am now at 186, and use a hrm.

Any advice is appreciated! I've been consistently losing, so I know if I do this, I'll probable not lose so much - or plateau cuz I'm converting fat to muscle more. Thanks in advance!!! :smile:

Replies

• creativedisaster
    Options
    I think you should try something new. I don't know where you live but maybe try hiking, not climb a mountain or anything crazy but getting outdoors really helps my mood and it doesn't feel like working out. A lot of people get stuck in a rut with the treadmill or elliptical. I hate cardio, myself, so I like to try new things to keep me in the groove. Congrats on the weight loss!
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Last summer I did 3 workouts a day.....swimming (all afternoon with kids), 30 Day Shred, 30 minutes on the elliptical. I plan on getting in as much exercise as I can this next week. Just be sure to listen to your body....make sure you take your rest day. I had to end of doing the Shred every other day because my body was so tired (but could have been from all the swimming). You are doing great!!!
  • sanddollar
    sanddollar Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the comments and ideas. I did get out in nature today... walked for an hour in a regional park which did have some hills to walk through... otherwise it's flat around here (unless you want to drive to mountain a couple of hours away... no thanks with over $4 a gallon for gas).

I also tried swimming the other morning, but the pool temp was 64 degrees F - too cold for me. But I checked in the afternoon and it was 74, so I'll check again one afternoon when I'm not busy and see if I can stand it.

So far I can't do doubles two days in a row... too tired. But it has been good to be pushing myself to do workout longer.