Scale Question

Options
In your opinion should you weigh yourself in the morning or at night? I don't think it should matter if you always weigh yourself at the same time right?

Replies

• babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    in the morning after u get up and have used the bathroom facilities.
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Same time every day. I try for morning. Fresh start!
  • ruhimaach
    ruhimaach Posts: 171
    Options
    As long as you weight yourself at the same time, it should be good. HOWEVER, I always weigh myself every morning after visiting the facilities. ;) (No food, no water until I weigh myself).
  • pammyedmunds
    pammyedmunds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    In the morning before you have breakfast and always at the same time
  • SandyLee1961
    SandyLee1961 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    A friend told me that you should weigh in the morning, before breakfast but after toilet. It's to do with the fact that your body is burning calories while you sleep and during the day, your accumulating calories (and water weight). I may have that wrong, but I have noticed if I weigh myself at night, it's always different than the am weigh-in.
  • gertrude13
    Options
    morning after using the facilities :D same time haha less water weight and awesome inspiration to go through the day :)
  • Azuleelan
    Azuleelan Posts: 218
    Options
    It does matter. In the morning you should go to the bathroom and then weigh yourself: during the night you eliminated water through sweat and digestive processes, you also have digested food and absorbed its nutrients. At night you are still going through those processes, so food and water weigh close to what they weighed when you ingested them.
    Try it a couple times, you'll see you do weigh differently at night (more)
  • rebeccawible
    Options
    i like the mornings too after i wake up and use the restroom
  • Rikkijean
    Rikkijean Posts: 21
    Options
    my girlfriends and i weigh ourselves once a week, the same day and time (Mondays @ 9:30am) ,after bathroom but before eating or drinking anything and before our workout. weekly is better then daily because there are many factors in our lives that cause us to fluctuate from day to day, particularly women with T.O.M. and just water retention in general, also we do measurements every 4 weeks. :bigsmile: this is also the way many personal trainers do it.
    good luck to you :drinker: