Weight Watchers vs MFP

Options
Just wondering if anyone keeps track of their points with Weight Watchers AND their calories on MFP and if you come out about the same at the end of the day. Just for kicks, I just figured up my day in points and WW says Im done eating while MFP says I still have about 1/4 of my calories left. I started this journey on WW and lost 60 pounds in about 9 months, switched to MFP and have lost 34 in the next 9 months. I LOVE this site but Im beginning to think i might want to go back to tracking points... Id love to hear your experience!

Replies

• Woodman725
    Woodman725 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of weight to lose, so you should factor in the fact that you will slow your loss the more you lose. I can't personally attest to this, but I'm sure there are plenty of people on here that would have better input. I think both losses are tremendous achievements and you've done great work to lose all of it.
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I've seen a lot of post where people who track both say WW says they are done but MFP is still going... The best thing to do is to do what works for you! I think you've had success both ways but clearly WW worked a bit better!

I've never been on WW but I know so many people who love it, swear by it. Good luck!
  • Kellyr107
    Kellyr107 Posts: 43
    Options
    I have done both. I did WW twice, lost 67 the first time and 72 the second time. The difference is I think MFP is a more sustainable method. I don't feel that I have the limits I had in WW and I don't have to worry about points systems changing, etc. This is simple math, calories in vs. Calories out. I loved the results of WW but had a hard time with maintenence when the weight came off too fast. Good luck to you! :) It will all work out one way or the other.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't try to compare the two in that sense. You were at a completely different stage of the process when using WW. The leaner you get, the slower your weight loss will be, no matter what method you use. Someone with 40 lbs to lose will not (and should not) lose as quickly as someone with 100 to lose.

Personally, I've heard of many people having issues with WW precisely because of their low cal allowances - they lose weight but end up with a slowed metabolism and loss of lean mass.

If you like WW, use it. If you like MFP, use it. Whichever works best for your lifestyle is the "right" one. But I wouldn't base it on rate of weight lost when the scenario is so drastically different.
  • mk820
    mk820 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I've done both. I think I have learned much more here about nutrition and how my body works.
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I do both. Makes me stay on track double time! My points are always gone first. I think its cuz with points a lot of times you round up and on here its exact calories.