MFP Runners Club - November 8th

Options
Rise and shine, runner buds! :happy:

Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday.

Got 7 miles in this morning -bright and early.

Happy running...

Replies

• hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Rise and shine, runner buds! :happy:

Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday.

Got 7 miles in this morning -bright and early.

Happy running...
  • rlh0614
    rlh0614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Too Cold to run today.... 7 miles - I am jealous!:sad:
  • lisarae
    lisarae Posts: 113
    Options
    I TaeBo'ed today. Midwest winter storm has blasted us. Plus, DH went to the Iowa Hawkeyes game for the weekend. No child care. Trying not to be bitter--he went hunting last week.
    I am needing a treadmill! I prefer running outside, but a treadmill would be great to have... :grumble:
  • alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Options
    HELP! Winter just hit SD and I can not bring myself back into the basement to go on the treadmill. It will be a LONG winter if I can not get back on it....:sad: :sad: :sad: ITS JUST SO BORING!

Up for suggestions here!!

Happy running..or wishing to run....

Ali
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Great job this morning guys! I'm so sore I can't fathom running today!!! I'm resting... might even drink a beer later on! It's beautiful here (FL), so I think I'll sit out by the pool and have a frosty beverage. SORRY Midwesterners!!! :-)

XOXO
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I TaeBo'ed today. Midwest winter storm has blasted us. Plus, DH went to the Iowa Hawkeyes game for the weekend. No child care. Trying not to be bitter--he went hunting last week.
    I am needing a treadmill! I prefer running outside, but a treadmill would be great to have... :grumble:

I'm in the Midwest too, and it's COLD today! My dh is a hunter also, but he opted to stay home this morning!

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Great job this morning guys! I'm so sore I can't fathom running today!!! I'm resting... might even drink a beer later on! It's beautiful here (FL), so I think I'll sit out by the pool and have a frosty beverage. SORRY Midwesterners!!! :-)

XOXO

Ooh, that's not fair!!! Enjoy your nice weather!

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hi runners!!! I did a Leg & Ab workout this morning. I think I'm going for a long power walk w/ a friend & her 13 yo dd. Her dd is training to walk a half marathon w/ my friend & her grandpa in January, so she needs to do some training!

Running tomorrow morning, hope it's a little warmer then! :wink:

Jess
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Ran 7 miles with our training group. Well, ran 5 walked 2. I am almost there for the 10K Turkey trot in two weeks. I was wearing a knee brace and it bugged me around mile 5 but it did help! This is the farthest I have ever run :drinker: How cool is that!

Have a great weekend!
    Bunny
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Competed in a 5k today. Took first for my age group, and 20th overall. New personal best time. The course was brutal, with about 150-200 foot elevation increase during the last 3/4 mile. I think the only reason I did well and others did not is because I train on hills anyway. Then I went to my black belt class, as I test next Saturday for my "temporary" black belt. Busy week ahead.

Rae
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Ran the McGuire AFB mud run today and had a blast. Our team of 4 did the 10k in 1hr 16 min with all the obstacles in our way! We even beat all the teams in our group that we ran with and that was 7 teams. Way to go Bootcamp Boggers!
  • jdtrainer
    Options
    Hello runners!

I ran with my training group this morning. We were supposed to run 4.5 miles. Just past 3 miles I turned around to go back and run with some of the other runners. Our group is small and sometimes people end up running alone. All of the runners behind me made a wrong turn so I never found them. I ended up running about 6.5 mi.

For several months this summer and early fall I was jealous of the beautiful weather some of you were describing. Now it is my turn. It is finally beautiful running weather inTx. Sorry some of you are cold. I would really hate that more than the scorching heat we contend with.

Good running!
    JD