(a little embarrassed) stretch marks?

Options
2»

Replies

• lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I saw my first GROUP of stretch marks when I was 12 (TWELVE)....I am almost 32!! Don't be embarrassed honey:)) I saw a movie where an old man said "Stretch marks are the badge of a real woman!!!!!!" LOL!!! You're beautiful and doing a great job with weight loss:)) Keep it up and don't sweat the small stuff:))
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Even the most fittest athletes have them. I had them in high school/college. During training season when I work out my muscles expanded and during off season well I lost a little muscle and *pop* stretch marks.
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    May I also just add that my husband, who has NEVER EVER been overweight in his life, also has stretch marks on his bottom and lower back of all places. They are just a natural part of life. Don't worry please. Just be glad that you are working on living with a healthy weight, eating healthy food and engaging in healthy activity :flowerforyou:

My husband is pretty lean as well and he has them from bulking up with weight lifting:)) He's still SEXY to me!!!!
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't lose sleep about it - I have stretch marks from gaining weight too fast when I was younger, so they'll be with me for the rest of my life.. I've accepted that and instead decided to focus on making the rest of my body look great :)
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I got my first stretch marks on my hips and calves when I was 12 or 13 years old. I was stick thin, but I grew from 5'3" to 5'8" in about 7 months. I guess my skin didn't have time to keep up with the growth spurt.

At first, I had no idea what they were, so I got my parent's gigantic Physician's Desk Reference book out and started looking up symptoms. I self-diagnosed myself as having this rare, skin-boring worm common to the tropics. I went to my mom crying hysterically and certain that I had a very rare medical issue. I showed her the stretch marks, and boy... did she laugh.

At that time, I felt relieved it was stretch marks rather than worms! As time went on, I decided both worms and stretch marks are both kind of crappy.

They do fade over time, but they never fully go away. But like others have said... everyone has them! :-)
  • ebejeebiez81
    Options
    I don't think I have ever met a person that does not have them

i second this..

And if we meet someone who doesn't we should all beat her up :p
    It is definitely from losing weight, your skin was stretched before and that's whats's left behind :(
    LOL! dont mean to ruin everyones idea of everyone has em' but my grandma doesnt and she has 5 kids.....I wanted to beat her up...LOL, i had one kids and that did it for me...uggghh! you get used to them though becuase yes the majority of this planet does have em' even my 6ft tall 130lb boyfriend...and he is a bean pole!