Carbs lay down fat more than fat does???

Options
I heard recently that carbs are more easily converted to body fat than fats are. Does anyone know if this is true?

Replies

• dean0721
    dean0721 Posts: 143
    Options
    now i dont know if its true or not, but i have recently starting changing my diet to more low carbs than anything else, and to be honest, i can feel a massive difference in only 3 days, not sure how to describe the difference, but more energy, less lathargic, and less bloated.......I'd be interested to find out, but in my short experience, it would make sense....
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Its not true. Triglycerides are more easily converted to fat. Protein, carbs, and fat can all be stored as fat in a calorie excess though, its about balance. DO not avoid fats, we need them! Fat does not make you fat.
  • arabellastrange
    Options
    Thank you both. Yes we need fat! I need to put it on (I only have 3% fat in my body) That's why I was asking. I whack in good fats, like Udo's oil (yum), 3 times a days...
  • Vegasboricua702
    Options
    now i dont know if its true or not, but i have recently starting changing my diet to more low carbs than anything else, and to be honest, i can feel a massive difference in only 3 days, not sure how to describe the difference, but more energy, less lathargic, and less bloated.......I'd be interested to find out, but in my short experience, it would make sense....

What are your goals exactly? Carbs are not completly bad. I eat around 150-200 grams of carbs a day. My macros are around 40%Protien - 30% carbs and 30% fats, all base off of a 1600 calorie diet. I've lost 10 pounds in a month while steadily loosing 2 pounds a week consistantly
  • arabellastrange
    Options
    And I found the lack of lethargy/bloating when I switched to wholegrain carbs. We need carbs too...
  • pinkyminky
    Options
    Carbs are turned into glucose. Glucose is used for energy. If you don't burn the glucose then it will be stored as fat.
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Carbs are turned into glucose. Glucose is used for energy. If you don't burn the glucose then it will be stored as fat.

Not completely true. Do not forget about replenishing glycogen stores in our muscles and liver.