Alli

Options
I just heard on the news that Alli has caused several cases of kidney stones, liver damage and pancreatitis. I have always been skeptical of the drug even though I take it occassionally. The action of the drug takes place in the pancreas and who knows what causes pancreatic cancer. The drug is too new to tell how safe it is. Be careful everyone.

Replies

• Blinx99
    Blinx99 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    great post

but to be honest i think its rather common sense that if something just makes you turn your stomach contents into a runny marathon to toilet case its rather dangerous!

The fact that people think they can eat normal, live normally and take this to lose weight is childish thinking - the drugs have loads of negative connotations to them and anything which messes with your digestion should not be taken lightly
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I agree, it just doesn't seem like a good idea . . .I haven't seen data like that, but I haven't been looking either. There is no magic, just hard work.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    The cases were very few and far between. I think like less then 40 people this happened to out of 40 million. I am not promoting this drug in anyway. I actually took it a year or so back and it didn't really do anything for me.
  • ms_erica
    ms_erica Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    thank u so much for the info! My brother has been taking that for a while and has seen great results...i've also tried it out myself and worked wonders for me but stopped because i felt like i was cheatting myself of doing this weight loss process on my own. so thank god i stopped!
  • Jentorres8814
    Jentorres8814 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    in 2009 it made headlines with the damaging of the liver. http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm213401.htm
  • Army_Mom
    Army_Mom Posts: 5
    Options
    I tried it a few years ago and I was miserable I was in constant pain my back hurt all the time, I even had kidney stones, although I never thought those 2 were connected, I stopped taking it and started feeling better, my husband also used it with me and he didn't have any problems...
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that. I took it for a while but decided that because I darent eat any fat, I might as well do it myself withouit the expense. I suffered hairloss while taking it but the phamacist didnt know if it was connected.