really weird questions for you ladies, and advice

zoombie_bear
zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
edited September 26 in Fitness and Exercise
When does it stop to giggle?
I remember when I went down to 125 it was actually not so bad... I used to train 5 times a wk, back then.

After a good life of eating, kids and just not taking so good care of myself I blew up to close to 200lbs, so that had to be stopped!!!!

Currently, I'm about 160, dropped 37lbs,
I started my me, myself and I journey in January of this year.
Eating great, exercising daily, dropping the weight slow and steady...
I'm just wondering when I'll actually start toning up, I giggle from all over...
any suggestions in and exerciser program.

I'm doing the wii active 2( (cardio-strength training), about 250-350cal/25-40min work-outs, also light jogging/fast walk on the treadmill about 20min... I'm almost done with my 9wks challange. Wanted to start next the 30day shred...

I feel healthy again, but far from sexy, in clothes I look good, but naked is another story.... so any help would be appreciated

Replies

• tweety170
    tweety170 Posts: 167
    I once heard a quote...something like eating right makes you look good with your clothes on but exercising makes you look good with your clothes off. It's time to focus on toning, since you've lost all that weight! (CONGRATS by the way!!!) I think the 30DS is a great idea. :)
  • sandyw127
    sandyw127 Posts: 131 Member
    i just started the 30 day shred. and shes tough.. i swear at her everyday. lol.. but its a great *kitten* whoppin. im on day 3 of level one. congrats on ur success. thus far.
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 526 Member
    You will definitely see some definition after the 30 ds. I see some for sure in my arms and my tummy is slimming down. My legs are getting more defined too.

Good Luck!
  • DaniiDean
    DaniiDean Posts: 162 Member
    what is the 30ds?
  • irishrose22
    irishrose22 Posts: 161 Member
    look into lifting weights....im talking about toning not bulking. light weights lots of reps per set. every muscle. OR P90X is amazing for this exact issue. Do 3 rounds, you'll be amazed at how your body looks if you give it all you have, which includes a diet which is super healthy, lessen any processed foods, go natural for awhile and make sure you are getting lots of rest and water, like i am sure you have been doing because of your success. Great job and good luck. I can't wait till i can get to p90x again...got about 20 to lose before I can think of it.
  • lovediets
    lovediets Posts: 375 Member
    Congratulations for the great loss! Just keep up the exercising and you will firm up. Lifting weights will tone, my daughter tells me!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    All the jiggling isn't lack of muscle tone. Our muscles don't tone (we all have 6-packs and have defined muscles - you have to burn off the layer of fat covering them). They can 1) get bigger and/or stronger; 2) smaller and/or weaker and 3) stay the same. With calorie restriction and intense cardio exercise comes muscle mass loss along with fat loss. (this gets worse as you get closer to your weight goal). I'm 5'2" and around 120-123lbs (healthy weights it becomes a range rather than a set number - water balance) but I still have quite a bit of body fat. I'm doing heavy weights to try and strengthen my muscles - maybe even increase my lean body mass a bit. This will burn more fat and carbs during normal activities and even sleeping!

Incorporate some strength training/resistance training. What Jillian does isn't quite it. The weights probably aren't heavy enough now that you've gotten stronger.

And weight loss is 80% diet. The quality of calorie is just as important as the quantity.

I have two sites I love to read through:

www.hussmanfitness.org (Working With Your Body is a great article) and www.bodyrecomposition.com. You've lost some nice weight. Now it's time to focus on your body composition.

And in my signature there is a link from TrainerRobin (she's a member here) called "An Email Response that might help some..." I just like the way she explained things.

If you are already doing some good strength/resistance training then just keep at it (remember to vary your exercise. After about a month of consistent your body will be adapted to your routine and you won't get the same benefits from it).

Good luck. This is a wonderful site! And congrats on what you've lost so far.

P90X is amazing! I can't go extreme yet but I will keep at it. 15lb curls here I come!!! And Tony Horton says lift weights heavy enough to fail (lose form). For size: 8-10 reps to fail; For lean muscles: 12-15 reps to fail. Those last three reps have to BURN!
  • rav25
    rav25 Posts: 2
    Whats the 30 day shred? we dont have P90X in the UK..... yet..... my friend is a rep in cali and is always talking about it!
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 526 Member
    what is the 30ds?

Jillian Michaels, 30 day shred. Awesome program...try it!!
  • it is my understanding that the MUSCLE is what gets "toned" and defined. The fats what "giggles" it you add some trength training, as you lose the fat & see the muscle you will noticed that is is toned/defined.

And as we all know, fat comes off when/where it wants to.
  • vox23
    vox23 Posts: 246 Member
    bump
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    what is the 30ds?

30DS is Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. It's a good workout.

You may need to go heavier in weights if you wish to stop everything from giggling. I'm still over 200 pounds and nothing giggles.
This discussion has been closed.