Detox Bath

Options
So I am going to try a detox bath today and have never done it before. Has anyone tried it before and had any success? I have a recipe I got off the internet but was wondering if anyone had one they would recommend.

Replies

• lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    What is it? Sounds interesting...
  • crystal10584
    Options
    bath? give the recipe.. :) Sounds interesting.
  • Shak212
    Shak212 Posts: 22
    Options
    Never heard of it. Where did you find the recipe?
  • balston2010
    balston2010 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    never heard of it give me the recipe
  • lricketts
    Options
    Here's the recipe I found. It's suppose to rid your body of toxins and help improve weight loss. Some people even report losing a pound or 2 after the bath. I suppose it can't hurt, even if there is no weight loss it would be relaxing!!

Detox Bath Ingredients
    ■1 Cup Epsom Salt
    ■1 Cup Baking Soda (helps rid the chlorine)
    ■1 Cup Natural Sea Salt (get the stuff that says “air dried by the sun”)
    ■1/4 cup grated FRESH ginger. I place this in a tea infuser so I don’t clog the drain!
    The Essential oils in this, are optional, as is the Grated Ginger. Use one or the other, don’t use the EO’s and the Ginger together!

Take the bath as warm as you can stand it. Add the salt mixture and the ginger and glide it around before you sink down. This water is good for your whole body, face, hair etc. Now soak for at least 30-45 minutes. The ginger will help you sweat, and release toxins, and as the water cools down, you will start absorbing some of the yummy goodness in the bath.
  • x3mommy
    x3mommy Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    please share, recipe and results!
  • bethany41h
    bethany41h Posts: 218
    Options
    Interesting. Thanks for sharing! I love long baths so it's worth a try :)
  • prissylaine
    Options
    Please let me know how this goes!:smile:
  • smileyface45
    smileyface45 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Taras630
    Taras630 Posts: 85
    Options
    bump. this sounds interesting i'm going to have to check back on this later when there's more feedback.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    let us now how you like it.
    I dunno how its supposed to get into your body to detox it tho.

I soak in epsom salt a couple times every soccer season, it does seem to help with injuries.
  • lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    So I started researching with my friend, Google, and ran across this:

EPSOM SALTS AND GINGER:
    This bath opens pores and eliminates toxins and also helps to eliminate pain. Stir one cup of epsom salts and 2 tablespoons of ginger in a cup of water first, then add to the bath. Do not remain in the tub for more than 30 minutes.

SALT AND SODA:
    This bath counteracts the effects of radiation, whether from X-rays, cancer treatment radiation, fallout from the atmosphere, or television radiation. 1 cup of baking soda and 1 to 2 cups of ordinary coarse salt (or epsom salts or sea salt) to a tub of water. You can soak for 20 minutes.

EPSOM SALTS, SEA SALT, AND SESAME OIL:
    This bath helps with dry skin and stress. Take 1 cup of Epsom salt, 1 cup of sea salt (from the health food store), and 1 cup of sesame oil and put into a warm to hot tub of water and soak for 20 minutes. Pat yourself dry.

VINEGAR BATH:
    This is used when the body is too acidic. This is a quick way of restoring the acid-alkaline balance. 1 cup to 2 quarts of 100% apple cider vinegar to a bathtub of warm water. Soak 40 to 45 minutes. This is excellent for excess uric acid in the body and especially for the joints, arthritis, bursitis, tendonitis, and gout.

BENTONITE BATH:
    A fast detoxification method. Soak 2 to 4 pounds of bentonite clay in a flat container overnight to dissolve it. Then add this to a tub of water. With 2 pounds of bentonite you would soak one hour; with 4 pounds you would soak only about 30 minutes. The more bentonite used, the faster the detoxification. (NOTE: While bentonite is a great adsorber, it is widely used to seal well-casings and ponds. It would very likely seal many septic systems too, costing thousands to repair. Use sparingly or with caution!)
  • sarabig2fit
    sarabig2fit Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it. Sounds exciting.

Hope it works!!! :)
  • Daisygurl7
    Daisygurl7 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a UTI waiting to happen! LOL
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Hootsmamma
    Hootsmamma Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Higglyjiggly64
    Options
    Bump - can't wait to try this!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a UTI waiting to happen! LOL

That's what I was thinking! I am very vary of baths...also of pools and lakes. A vinegar soak sounds like a recipe for a yeast infection to me. But if it works and it's pleasant it sounds like the ginger would smell good.
  • lricketts
    Options
    I did the Detox bath last night and I was down 2.6 lbs this morning. I got the bath as hot as i could stand and it was very relaxing. I made sure to drink water with lemon while I was soaking so I could keep myself hydrated. I loved it. Will definitely be trying again.