On Facebook? Looking for some Motivation.?

Options
Hello!

I'd like to share a group I created a while back, for any of you who are also on Facebook. I call the group, simply, Motivation.

Here's the link: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780

What you can expect when you join Motivation.: lively discussion, links to helpful and insightful articles, motivational quotes and photos and encouraging feedback.

Feel free also to send me a friend request on Facebook. HAPPY FRIDAY! :)

~ Chandra

Replies

• KMCorazon
    KMCorazon Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi Chandra, I am looking for someone to help motivate me. I have not yet joined Facebook but I plan to this weekend and will send you an invite. I joined this site approximately 3 weeks ago and I LOVE IT. Since joining I have lost 29+ pounds. I belong to a group where I work and we are supposed to be motivating each other, but I've noticed that when we discuss our weight loss (I seem to have lost more than others) a few of the members didn't seem very happy for me. This was the purpose of joining a group! So, if I can find the motivation I need to keep going (aside from my own encouragement) on this site, I'M IN!! You'll be hearing from me soon!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Hi Chandra, I am looking for someone to help motivate me. I have not yet joined Facebook but I plan to this weekend and will send you an invite. I joined this site approximately 3 weeks ago and I LOVE IT. Since joining I have lost 29+ pounds. I belong to a group where I work and we are supposed to be motivating each other, but I've noticed that when we discuss our weight loss (I seem to have lost more than others) a few of the members didn't seem very happy for me. This was the purpose of joining a group! So, if I can find the motivation I need to keep going (aside from my own encouragement) on this site, I'M IN!! You'll be hearing from me soon!

Hi! I look forward to your Facebook invite. Please feel free to message me if you require any help setting up Facebook or navigating it. I'll do my best. GREAT results for just 3 weeks on MyFitnessPal. Congratulations!!! I imagine your coworkers are possibly quite envious of your very quick results, and might be feeling a little inadequate in comparison. This is one reason I've worked so hard not to compare my individual results with anyone else. My body is unique. I'm happy with the 20 pounds I lost before MFP and the almost 45 pounds I've lost since joining MFP back in July last year. I look forward to hearing from you!! Thanks!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    -bump-
  • godspecialgirl
    godspecialgirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey!! My name is Susan Ridenour, I'm 46 years old and i have been dieting with Myfitnesspal for about a month now!! I am SUPPOSE to be eating 1200 calories a day, and im doing the Leslie Sansone walk fit video AT LEAST 3 days a week, 4 to 5 miles a day in about an hour or so, so i am burning several calories a day with that, BUT then i come home and eat the calories before i go to bed....i haven't lost much in pounds, maybe 5 pounds or so but i can DEFINITELY tell im losing inches, i just know i would do so much better if i would do better with my eating, i just need some help staying motivated with that, i would love to befriend you on FB and maybe we could help each other!!! :)
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    Hey!! My name is Susan Ridenour, I'm 46 years old and i have been dieting with Myfitnesspal for about a month now!! I am SUPPOSE to be eating 1200 calories a day, and im doing the Leslie Sansone walk fit video AT LEAST 3 days a week, 4 to 5 miles a day in about an hour or so, so i am burning several calories a day with that, BUT then i come home and eat the calories before i go to bed....i haven't lost much in pounds, maybe 5 pounds or so but i can DEFINITELY tell im losing inches, i just know i would do so much better if i would do better with my eating, i just need some help staying motivated with that, i would love to befriend you on FB and maybe we could help each other!!! :)

Hello Susan, I have sent you a friend request here on MFP. I would love to also connect over on Facebook. It sounds like you're off to a good start on your fitness journey. Best wishes!! :)