Health Food-- Where to Buy

Options
I'm looking to buy extra virgin coconut oil, green tea capsules, and stevia.
Have a great health food website?
Or can you just buy this stuff at any grocery store? Help!

Replies

• rachyrach1234
    Options
    whole foods market
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends what kind of grocery stores you have near you, but I've seen those items at any of my local places. :)
  • whatevany
    whatevany Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    tropicaltraditions.com makes really good coconut oil (no artificial crap just coconut). They're a bit expensive but worth every penny!
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to buy extra virgin coconut oil, green tea capsules, and stevia.
    Have a great health food website?
    Or can you just buy this stuff at any grocery store? Help!

I purchase Nutia brand coconut oil from Amazon.com and I am on a renewing subscription. I get 2 large containers delivered to my door every 6 weeks. Yes, we use a LOT of coconut oil in our house.

I keep one jar in the kitchen and the other jar in the bathroom. We use it for face cleansing, hair conditioner, shaving and whole body moisturizing (from face to feet)..................

I don't use green tea capsules. I would rather drink my green tea and I have been making a 1 gallon pitcher everyday with green tea and regular black tea. Cut up 1 or 2 lemons and I alternate between the tea and ice water all day long. For every 32 ounces of tea I drink, I also drink a 32 ounce container of ice water.

I get Stevia from Whole Foods Market as I use the Sweet Leaf brand of Stevia. I get Regular, Vanilla and Rootbeer flavors.
  • Grokette
    Options
    tropicaltraditions.com makes really good coconut oil (no artificial crap just coconut). They're a bit expensive but worth every penny!

I didn't like the Tropical Traditions Coconut Oil.

I use either Jungle brand or Nutiva brand coconut oil. I also buy Jungle Red Palm Oil for making veggie and chicken stir fries.
  • AnnieeR
    AnnieeR Posts: 229
    Options
    Are you US or UK? I think you can find most of that at places like Holland & Barrett but I actually have had pretty good luck at Sainsburys too.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Where do you live? I know just where to go in Western Australia, but that may not help you :)
  • bugnbeansmom
    bugnbeansmom Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Whole Foods is pretty good as is Trader Joe's and Fresh Market. What are the benefits of the coconut oil?
  • bugnbeansmom
    bugnbeansmom Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Whole Foods is pretty good as is Trader Joe's and Fresh Market. What are the benefits of the coconut oil?
  • jaia07
    jaia07 Posts: 22
    Options
    I live in Canada
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I live in Canada

Ah, can't help you I'm afraid! But I'm sure some lovely Canadian will :)
  • Grokette
    Options

There are lots and lots of benefits of coconut oil. It is the healthiest fat in the world!!!

Here are some sites to read and educate yourself so you can decide for yourself if you want to add it into your eating plan since you are more likely a calorie counting person.

http://www.organicfacts.net/organic-oils/organic-coconut-oil/health-benefits-of-coconut-oil.html

http://www.coconutresearchcenter.org/

http://products.mercola.com/coconut-oil/