Nothing seems to be changing

Options
I have been at this for 3 months now. And I have lost some inches, but for the last month, I have been at a stand still and my weight has gone back up (I'm going to assume that's muscle not fat ;))

I'm doing a hybrid of Chalean extreme for the weights and turbo fire for the cardio. Have also been walking on some days.

I have tried to up the protein, as I know that was low. I have also been very tired and one would think with all the working out, I would have energy up the wall. I try to eat as much as i can as often and healthy.

My diary is open or if anyone has any suggestions. I was trying to play with my calories. I work from home but on the computer most of the day. but do my hour or so work outs almost every day. so wasn't sure about the activity level.

I don't have much weight to lose, but would like to tone more. so perhaps that's part of the problem

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I think your carbs are way too high. Try to lower them to 140. That will up your protein. Just try it for a couple months. I did and have lost 30 lbs in 6 months. Without exercise.
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Have you considered upping your calories some by inputing lose .5 a week instead? That's the feedback I've been getting along with sodium decrease (but that's my own issue definitely not yours!!) I'm not an expert, just someone in a similar boat. I
  • bksteve26
    bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    This may be just me, but I think you aren't feeding yourself enough during your meals with substantial food. Try fish or chicken in your dinner category and get more vegetables in there!!! Also, add olive oil to your diet. It will clean your system out and your bathroom breaks will be a lot better for you. It is high in calories so its an adjustment, but sautee your veggies with some spices and olive oil...only like a tbsp. a day, and it might help. Just a thought.
  • seemichellerun
    Options
    You do eat A LOT of carbs. Try cutting them down to 150 or lower each day. Also, how is your water intake?
  • hmschultz
    hmschultz Posts: 32
    Options
    Make sure you are drinking a ton of water and getting enough rest. I would recommend upping your cal to 1500. Chalene is a fantastic calorie burner, and you might be in "starvation mode". Have you tried following either of her meal plans? Another thing you might try... Use the BMR calculator and see what it says. I'm guessing you have entered the "sedentary" lifestyle with all the computer work you do. For months I was getting no where, so I put in my calorie goal and stopped logging my exercise. I use the BB Slim in 6 so I follow those dietary guidelines. When I did that both the scale and the measuring tape started moving! Best of luck! :D
  • Vegasboricua702
    Options
    Alright, Your eating fairly clean I just have a few concerns.

1. Your carbs and protien - They are entirely to low you need you up your carbs and protien

2 - Lean cuisine - Toss it out. Processed food.

3- Kellogs fiber bar - Not sure on what the ingredients are on that but im pretty sure its processed as well. You need to stop eating it.

4. Canned goods - Toss em! Prcocessed as well. You need to eat cleaner.

5 Your protien shake does not have enough protien in it I recommend buying the protien listed in my signiture. Google the ones I have in my sig. Whey protien should be sufficent for you

Other than that you should be good. Goto www.freedieting.com to calculate your macros. You should be getting 40% protien - 30% carbs and 30% fats from your calories.

Look at my diary if you need help. My gf and I eat the same thing pretty much and she is 5'3 120
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Men and Woman's goal Numbers are different. You can't go by a man's
  • cherrylime
    cherrylime Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem- though I think your cardio might be way more intense than mine! I'm doing weight training and cardio --- and I'm around the same weight as you. My trainer told me last night to remain being patient and that burning body fat % is like burning wax off of a candle. It slowly drips off.

Tips from her : the past few weeks I've altered my diet to have less carbs- and the ones I DO have are before 4pm. Little to no carbs after that. Also to cut back on sugar. Drastically. NO known sweets (maybe a handful of raisins, but nothing that is clearly a sweet thing- this includes artificial sweeteners!).

The sweets thing is what gets me- lately I've been caving and having a sugarfree jello pudding in the evening (which has some carbs) - and she did say OK to stevia and stevia soda pop (2-3 times a week).

The diet is extreme, but something's gotta give! you know? I've been doing it two weeks (and had a couple cheat meals) and am HOPING to see results other than my massive mood swings. So hang in there! Feel free to add me as a friend!

I was thinking about looking into some fat burning supplements, but I don't know. I know you've got to be careful with them. Let me know if you know anything about those!
  • Vegasboricua702
    Options
    Men and Woman's goal Numbers are different. You can't go by a man's

I'm not going by a "mans numbers" I referred her to a website that calculates her own numbers.

- Macros
    - Zone diet

The numbers I gave her are percentages of everything that should come from calories. 40% of her calories should come from protein. Another 30% should come from carbs, and the last 30% should come from fats.

Example

I consume 1600 calories a day so my macros are 40%p/30%c/30%f which would be around 160g of carbs 120g of protein and 53 grams of fat everyday. These number help me loose fat at a steady pace while retaining most of my muscle, and gaining muscle if your doing weight training.

I suggest you inform yourself a little better on subject matters like this before you go out saying I'm throwing out "mans numbers"
  • kikix5
    kikix5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the input!

mamareese, no, I hate salt, my mom actually brings it over when she comes to eat as I don't even have it in the house lol

vegasboricua702 Thank you for the input and I wanted to say THANK YOU for your service!! I will get a new protein powder and get rid of my canned vegges lol I guess that's what happens when that's all your kids will eat ;)

I have changed my activity level to sedentary and my bmr says 1,256 calories/day* I am going to watch the carbs, here I was thinking that my multigrain bread was good for me
  • Vegasboricua702
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the input!

mamareese, no, I hate salt, my mom actually brings it over when she comes to eat as I don't even have it in the house lol

vegasboricua702 Thank you for the input and I wanted to say THANK YOU for your service!! I will get a new protein powder and get rid of my canned vegges lol I guess that's what happens when that's all your kids will eat ;)

I have changed my activity level to sedentary and my bmr says 1,256 calories/day* I am going to watch the carbs, here I was thinking that my multigrain bread was good for me

Your welcome!
  • damonmath
    damonmath Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    This works for me:

1) 1g protein for every pound of body weight in your goal. (If you goal is 130, then 130 grams of protein per day)
    2) Eat meals in descending order... Breakfast is the largess, lunch the next largest, dinner the lightest of the day
    3) NO SUGAR
    4) Do not eat after 7pm
    5) Lower your carbs

Your body will burn fat in the absence of carbs, but will eat your muscles instead if not enough protein is available. :(