Warrior Dash

Options
Greetings all. I'm participating in the Warrior Dash in September. If you have done this dash before I would love to hear how you trained, what you thought, etc.

I'm trying to come up with something that will help me get through it. It is my first time doing anything like this.

Thanks.

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    I did one a month or so ago. Here is the link to my blog about it (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/AggieCass09/view/warrior-dash-2k11-83643). Note most of the pictures were AFTER we went to the "warrior wash" so we were dirtier than the pictures show. I also did another WD last year in Dallas and it was definitely more dirty than the one i did most recently. No training is really necessary, its mostly just a 5k but in the mud with a few obstacles. You'll have a blast!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Are you doing the one in WI? Work on balance and upper body to get you thru the obstacles...
  • jcm214
    jcm214 Posts: 157
    Options
    I'm doing the one in Tennessee. :smile:
  • bellyjelly06
    Options
    I'm doing my first Warrior Dash in July!1
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my first Warrior Dash in July!1

me too in MN HOLLER!
  • redwngs13
    redwngs13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the WD at the end of July! I can't wait! I have heard the best training to do is a lot of running. I actually asked someone who did the WD in March this year and she said you will usually get to an obstacle and have to wait for other people to complete it before you can do it, so you'll get a couple minutes to catch your breath. I am so excited for it!!
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    i'm doing mine on may 21st in Baltimore! First timer here too! i'm just working on my running stamina and arm strength so that i can get over the walls and propel down the hills without hurting myself or failing.

SO EXCITED!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    June 11th in the Poconos for me. :drinker:
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I missed the sign up for the local one. I have been thinking about doing it in TX in November....
  • Xtine72
    Xtine72 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Warrior Dash in Maryland on May 22nd! Woohoo!!!!

I'm focusing on running outside and total body strength!:wink:
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Warrior Dash in July in MN!
  • 84christy
    84christy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    YES! So am I! I have never done anything like this, what are you planning to do for training?
  • jjhenry5
    jjhenry5 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Arizona this Saturday. I did Nor Cal last October. I have minimal upper body strength and the obstacles weren't that bad. The hardest part was crawling through the mud at the end. That was some thick, thick stuff, and I was in a ninja suit that got water logged on the slip 'n slide. It was pretty heavy.

I did it with a bunch of friends and we didn't rush ourselves; nice easy run and a heck of a lot of fun.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I did it and had a blast. I blogged about it: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/edorice