When to weigh in

Options
Ok so is it normal that my weight fluctuates between 5 lbs throughout the week? I know that is normal to go up or down a little throughout the day but I do not know what my actual weight is! I am sure people have asked this question before but I am asking it anyways. When is the best time to weigh yourself? Morning, night, wearing the same amount of clothes, etc. Digital scale, traditional scale. I am obsessed people!

Replies

• SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    On a digital scale first thing in the morning right after you go to the bathroom and naked. That is what will get you the most consistent results.... provided you get up around the same time every day.

And fluctuation during the week is not uncommon. Especially if it's anywhere near or during TOM. Don't worry too much about it. If you're doing everything else right it'll come back off in no time. :)
  • bksteve26
    bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Couldn't agree more. I weight myself every morning, usually the same exact time, right after I go to the bathroom and naked!
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    When I weigh myself, I always weigh first thing in the morning -- with no clothes on -- before I hop into the shower. After all, I want to know how much I weigh, not how much my clothes weigh. Also, I use a digital scale -- even the lost tenths of a lb. can be a big motivator for me :smile: Good luck!
  • ngoat
    ngoat Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Well... I dont know that there is a best time to weight yourself.. but if you want more accurate results then do it at the same time each time you weigh with the same amount of clothes ( i like the others choose no clothes and first thing in the morning--- that is when you are your lightest :).. it is best to only weigh yourself once a week as well to get the best results
  • denise980
    denise980 Posts: 296
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, but only track it once a week. Usually on Saturday morning, right when I wake up, after using the bathroom, before eating anything, with no clothes on. That way it is as consistent as possible and it is my raw body weight and not clothes or food that I have consumed.

It is normal for your weight to fluctuate a lot throughout the week and you really shouldn't weigh yourself more than once a week, but I can't help myself lol
  • W0zzie
    W0zzie Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I weigh in evening - I know that's not the norm though. But I weigh-in only once a week and under the same conditions everytime. I'm not really interested in the actual figure so much anyway - it's the downward (or not) trend that I pay attention to.

Re scales - I don't think digital or dial really matters so much as quality and accuracy. I mean my old digi scales could only tell 500g differences although it was "reasonably" accurate (it was only about 200gm off my new set - which can be attributed to the aforementioned limitation). My new scales are very accurate and can tell 50gm differences.
  • tjlbg1984
    tjlbg1984 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I agree I think I weigh myself at least 2 or 3 times a day and that probably isn't good. I will try to restrain myself to once a week haha!