Caramel rice cakes are evil!

Options
Pebble321
Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
They are sweet and crunchy and taste like caramel popcorn. I bought some today, ate two, and now I'm in bed dreaming of Lollygobbleblissbombs (are they just an Aussie thing?).
I think I'm going to toss the rest of the pack tomorrow, they are NOT going to help me eat healthier, even though they are a tasty low cal snack.
If you are tempted by them in the supermarket - don't do it!

Replies

• _SpeshK_
    _SpeshK_ Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    These actually help me a lot. I get the 50 cal Gluten-Free Quaker's caramel corn snack cakes, and they're great...I haven't seen any negative side effects. What exactly are they doing to you??
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    If you think those are bad then you definitely should NOT buy the vanilla creme brulee ones. Those are delicious! And horribly addicting.
  • Ctiffeny
    Ctiffeny Posts: 8
    Options
    I thought they were low in calorie!!!! Theyre not ???????!!!! WTF !!!!!
  • _SpeshK_
    _SpeshK_ Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Ah. Nevermind, I see, I looked up Lolly Gobble Bliss Bombs ;)
  • daniellejg
    Options
    I completely agree! I LOVE them and can never eat just one serving...I don't even bother buying them. lol
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    If you think those are bad then you definitely should NOT buy the vanilla creme brulee ones. Those are delicious! And horribly addicting.

I get that flavor, mini rice cakes....my favorite rice cakes...if you can limit what you eat to one serving...you can eat like 12 for only 120 calories...which isn't so bad....yum....
  • kittyloo123
    kittyloo123 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    i buy them!! They are a tasty snack. I just remember to take one (or 2) and close up the bag and put it away. Temptation over.
  • Pebble321
    Options
    My problem is that they are too sweet and delicious and have me craving sugary caramel popcorn treats, which is exactly the kind of habit I need to break!
    They are low cal, but aren't going to work for me. I can eat a little bit of chocolate (specially dark) and then walk away, but that caramel is just too good!
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    Low cal until you find yourself in bed stuffing your face with them! :-D

They're also high in sodium.
  • amg_89
    amg_89 Posts: 184
    Options
    they are low calorie, but not if you eat the whole bag lol. I know exactly what you mean! i can never buy anything munchy like rice cakes or chips or anything. i go through the bag in like 2 days. horrible.
  • lowlevelrebel
    lowlevelrebel Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Lolly Gobble Bliss Bombs - that's a fantastic name. I don't know how I would resist them!

I used to loooove the apple cinnamon rice cakes from quaker, but then I couldn't find them in the stores anymore. Got so frustrated that I wrote the company.. who told me that that flavour was no longer available in Canada due to lack of interest. I offered to eat enough that it *appeared* all of Canada was enjoying them... no response. Nuts.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Yes, I love those too. They are in my cupboard:bigsmile: right now. Thank you for reminding me!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options

I was thinking the same thing. I picked some up last week and they are super yummy.
  • Pebble321
    Options
    Lolly Gobble Bliss Bombs - that's a fantastic name. I don't know how I would resist them!

I used to loooove the apple cinnamon rice cakes from quaker, but then I couldn't find them in the stores anymore. Got so frustrated that I wrote the company.. who told me that that flavour was no longer available in Canada due to lack of interest. I offered to eat enough that it *appeared* all of Canada was enjoying them... no response. Nuts.

It is a cool name isn't it - and they are seriously delicious.
    I saw apple cinnamon rice cakes today in my supermarket, but I'm sorry to say that's in Perth, Western Australia. I could send you some :)
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options

I saw apple cinnamon rice cakes today in my supermarket, but I'm sorry to say that's in Perth, Western Australia. I could send you some :)

While you're at it, could you send some Peppermint Crisp my way? :laugh: Someone from Australia sent me a box of goodies. Everything she sent me I've been able to find here except the Peppermint Crisp. And go figure that's the one thing I liked the most. I totally could have done without the Vegemite. :sick:
  • Sallerina84
    Sallerina84 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    i dont like the caramel ones! i've been used to eating the savoury ones like salt and vinegar and sour cream, so eating sweet ones taste strange to me!
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    My problem is that they are too sweet and delicious and have me craving sugary caramel popcorn treats, which is exactly the kind of habit I need to break!
    They are low cal, but aren't going to work for me. I can eat a little bit of chocolate (specially dark) and then walk away, but that caramel is just too good!

Have you tried the chocolate rice cakes? They are yummy and not too sweet. Those are my favorites. I could eat an entire bag of tha caramel and kettle corn ones also, they are just too yummy.
  • lowlevelrebel
    lowlevelrebel Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    It is a cool name isn't it - and they are seriously delicious.

@RubyBelle - aw! that would be wicked! Howevs, I think the shipping would be worth more than a dozen packages :D I guess I'll just have to make the trip one day, right? :happy:
  • Pebble321
    Options
    Hi everyone, well after managing to go to sleep in spite of my cravings, I ate just one more of those little critters then threw them in the bin. I haven't seem any other flavours except the apple cinnamon, and I don't think I will go looking for them. I don't have the willpower!

LLR, you'll just have to visit Australia - we're very nice here and it is seriously hot while you are freezing over there!
    Sarbrina, I haven't had a Peppermint Crisp for ages - my sister used to make a cheesecake with them crumbled up in the filling - oh no, now I want cheesecake! And you're not alone in not liking Vegemite - apparently Barack Obama doesn't either! The trick is that you need to just have a tiny bit - it is the ultimate comfort food for me on hot buttered toast.

Hmmm, I think I had better stop talking about food now and go for a walk! Happy Saturday everyone.
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I tried the vanilla creme brulee ones. They just tasted processed. Not my thing.