Foot pain

Options
mrsbuzz
mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
Ok so sometimes we I do exercises like Zumba or a workout video that my feet move a lot my feet hurt on the bottoms. I have never had this before. Why would it hurt now and what would cause it? Wrong shoes? I have walking shoes that I ware all the time.

Thanks for your help.

Replies

• hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you need a new pair of shoes. Walking shoes are designed for walking, you probably need some crosstrainers.
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    ok thanks
  • Samiwhereareyou
    Samiwhereareyou Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I also have foot pain in my arches and balls of my feet. It normally comes on when I do intense carido and dont stretch out my ham strings and lower back. also good shoes are very important. i wear running shoes even when i am in my house doing work out dance dvds because of my foot pain.
  • abbie017
    abbie017 Posts: 410
    Options
    You may want to look into going to a specific running shoe store and getting fitted for the perfect pair of sheos for your feet. They are trained to determine if you need a shoe with more arch support, more traction, or anything else that's specific to your foot. They also check into your gait and see if that is impacting the impact on your feet.

Remember, whether walking or running, it's time for a new pair of shoes every 150-200 miles!
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    It may be possible you have planter fasciitis. It is extremely common, especially in people who are on their feet a lot or exercise often. Check out this link from webmd. If that's what you have, new orthopedic shoes or orthopedic inserts will help with it.

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/plantar-fasciitis-topic-overview
  • Sallerina84
    Sallerina84 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Remember, whether walking or running, it's time for a new pair of shoes every 150-200 miles!

wow i never knew that, thats not really that far is it!
  • abbie017
    abbie017 Posts: 410
    Options

wow i never knew that, thats not really that far is it!

Nope, not very far at all, especially if you're doing a lot of running/walking. A good test is if you can bend the front half of your shoe in pretty far with little resistance, you need a new pair. It stinks though, since good sneakers are so expensive! I used to run a lot and found myself getting new sneakers every month or so...and they were always the exact same pair!
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    Unless you wear vibrams. They will last over 1000 miles.