ok a little bit confused here

Options
Well I just dont understand it at all.how can the scale say different things..i mean i weigh my self first thin in the morning on weigh in days..one day i weigh 157.6 the next time i weigh 155 then 158 this makes no sence at all cause i eat my calories back workout drink plenty of water and watch my sodium intake as well..how am i suppose to know what i really weigh when it says something diff every time?

Replies

• feliciapeters
    Options
    everyones weight fluctutes from day to day, morning to eve for a variety of reasons. Pick a day, and weight yourself on that day. I suggest in the am b4 you eat anything, after you've used the bathroom & with as little clothes as possible. Try to avoid weighing yourself all the time. It will just make you nuts
  • morrowsarah
    morrowsarah Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    My scale says different things too. I know they say you should weight first thing in the morning and go with that weight, but I weigh less about 10 a.m. , so I usually weigh at that time and go with that weight. Your weight can fluctuate a couple of pounds at different times during the day (test that to see!) If I were you I would pick a certain day of the week to log your weigh in and every week only log your weight on that day. You can always weigh yourself the other days! Good luck
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    This is normal. Even though we drink plenty of water and watch our sodium there will always be water balancing going on inside of us. Your weight doesn't come off steadily.

I'm at a healthy weight. I weigh everyday and my weight is different every day. I only log losses.

At healthy weights you can even dip below your true weight. Weight can fluctuate up to 5 pounds above or below your true weight.
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Your weight will fluctuate on a daily basis, and it has to do with several different factors. Water is a big factor, but so is muscle. If you're working out and building muscle then you might see a slight increase on the scale because muscle weighs more than fat. Try to only weigh yourself once a week (I know it's hard...I've been able to cut back to about 3 times a week but that's as far as I've come!) Good luck! You're off to a great start!
  • sweetiebt
    sweetiebt Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I would also add that your scale may play a part. I know when I weigh myself in the morning my scale will say different things in a matter of 5 minutes...sometimes I gain 3lbs in 5 minutes which obviously isn't the case! So I don't completely trust my scale. That may play a part with you as well. As others have said, I usually take the lowest weight and use that :) Good luck!
  • Walking2Lose
    Walking2Lose Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I agree with what everyone said here. I believe that you should pick a certain day to weigh in each day and track your measurements as well and then just weigh yourself the same time/same day each week. My scale actually is digital, but I am never confident with what it tells me so what I do is I step on it 3 different times in a row and if all three times are the same then I take that weight. However, there are times when it will say 137, 139, 138...so I just try to get 3 times the same weight and use that.

I do weigh myself every morning just to keep myself in line, even though it is frowned upon. But it keeps me sane.

Good luck!
  • Hmf414
    Hmf414 Posts: 30
    Options
    I weigh in every Thursday morning. When I wake up, after using the bathroom with no clothes on. THATS the weight I count. Because if I weigh myself after breakfast, or after working out ... or anytime later, It'll be a different weight than what it was in the morning. It's because like everyone said your weight fluctuates that much during any given day. Working out expands your muscles so if you weigh yourself after working out, you'll be weighing your muscles expanded and not resting. If you weigh yourself before you use the bathroom, your weighing 'stuff' that doesn't need to be weighed ... etc etc.

So weigh yourself ONCE a week, and no more. Because it will drive you insane.