Recently Seperated or Divorced?

Options
I am just putting this out there but I am having a little trouble staying motivated with my diet and exercise because I am recently seperated after 17 years. I am a stress eater!!! BIG TIME. Anyone have the same problem? Maybe we could start a group to help us stay on track with our goals!!! What do you think?:flowerforyou:

Replies

• spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    retrain yourself, break the stress-eating. Go for a walk, chew gum, crochet, something else to keep your hands busy. I am recently separated, but am not an emotional eater. The split was my doing. I am dating (a guy from this site, actually), and I am doing well.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    great idea! I went through a divorce 5 years ago after 11 years of marriage and since then have gained 50 lbs. Through MFP, in the last 3 months I have taken 29lbs back off. I know that in the past 5 years I have used food to handle stress and guilt and anything else I didn't want to face. I am just starting to feel like I can make better choices. Having this community has really helped. I guess I'm not "recently" divorced, but I would love to join the group.
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    My husband left me after three week os marriage, and now after waiting 3 1/2 years for my divorce I am finally getting it. We have a son that is almost 7 so it was hard when he left so soon after we got married, because my son was never going to have the family I wanted him to have. I am actually excited about my divorce and that is what is motivates me in a small way to lose the weight. I want to show the *kitten* what he is missing out on, that THIS is what he is never going to have again!
  • dean0721
    dean0721 Posts: 143
    Options
    kinda in a similiar boat....

its you guys that keep me on top of it.......

GOOD LUCK with it all though .....
  • bahrainbel_2
    Options
    I piled on the weight when I got divorced, I am an emotional eater. It's only now (2 years later), I am getting a grip on it. Distraction, I found, is the key. I read a lot, exercise and write a blog for when I am majorily annoyed about something. Getting the frustration out seems to help be not turn to food.

Good luck, it's tough xxxx

Oh, feel free to friend me, if you are looking for support :-)
  • JoAnnLeahMurphy
    Options
    My husband left me after three week os marriage, and now after waiting 3 1/2 years for my divorce I am finally getting it. We have a son that is almost 7 so it was hard when he left so soon after we got married, because my son was never going to have the family I wanted him to have. I am actually excited about my divorce and that is what is motivates me in a small way to lose the weight. I want to show the *kitten* what he is missing out on, that THIS is what he is never going to have again!

Go for it! Awesome attitute I think! Looking and feeling good is always the best revenge! And you deserve the happiness that will come from that. :laugh:
  • missywann
    missywann Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I divorced in September after 12 years of marriage. I took some time for me, which meant crap food and a huge wieght increase. I'm trying to get back into dating and finding someone, kinda of hard when you don't feel rockin hot!
    I will lose the weight and be happy and healthy again!
    Missy
  • carollane
    carollane Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I like how you think!!! You go girl!!:flowerforyou: