Guacamole???

Options
jdelisle
jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
I usually make mine with avocado, garlic, lemon juice, red onion, a smidge of red pepper (if I have any) and sometimes sour cream.

How do you make yours? I have an abundance of avocado's right now so I'm looking to mix it up a bit.

Thanks! :):flowerforyou:

Replies

• Hammie18
    Hammie18 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I add cumin to my recipe. Mmmmm. A turkey burger topped with guac is Yum City.
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Ive never made it but do love it.x
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I make mine with avocado, red onion, fresh cilantro, garlic, a little salt, and lime juice.
  • jamiefire7
    Options
    Avacado, onion, tomato, pace picante sauce, garlic salt and lime juice. It is the BEST!!!
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    I LOOOOVE Guacamole, but ever since I started getting gallstones I can't eat it. I'm getting my gallbladder removed at the end of the month and the first thing I'm going to do is eat a whole bowl of it once I've healed. Fingers crossed it ends will for me.

Ever put it on an omelet? It's amazing!
  • HolleeERL
    HolleeERL Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I use avacado, lemon juice, Lawry's seasoning salt, onion, and chopped tomato. YUM!!! :o)
  • chasekilgannon
    Options
    Depends on how hot you want it. I add jalapeno and serrano peppers when I want a kick. You can seed them so it isn't as spicy , but I usually go half and half. I'll also put diced tomatoes, white or green onions, cilantro, and lime juice. Very light on sea salt.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I usually just mash the avo with some pico, it's easy and gets most of the stuff you want in there. I love this salad that has diced avocado in it, poppyseed dressing and toasted pecans. So yummy, but probably not so low-cal!
    But definitely try gauc on turkey burgers, wraps, sandwiches.
    Wish I could take some off your hands!
  • konaboy420
    Options
    I dont usually do this, ( rply to peoples posts ) but i thought i would share. Have you heard of Herdez salsa ? i just use 1 small can and mix with avocado. thats it . Im always asked to bring my Quacamole to parties or football games. good luck
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I make a mean black bean and avocado guacamole...it's delish!
    http://veganrockergirl.blogspot.com/2010/06/shout-at-devil-spicy-black-bean.html
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Lots of lime juice, garlic, chopped tomatoes and cilantro.
    If I don't have any of that on hand, I add some salsa and dried minced onion.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    I LOOOOVE Guacamole, but ever since I started getting gallstones I can't eat it. I'm getting my gallbladder removed at the end of the month and the first thing I'm going to do is eat a whole bowl of it once I've healed. Fingers crossed it ends will for me.

hmmm..... good luck with that.....I found right after having mine out that when I ate very fatty foods I had a somewhat urgent need for the toilet.......

:noway:

it has improved since then so there is hope!!!!
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I dont usually do this, ( rply to peoples posts ) but i thought i would share. Have you heard of Herdez salsa ? i just use 1 small can and mix with avocado. thats it . Im always asked to bring my Quacamole to parties or football games. good luck

Herdez is great! I also discovered Margaritaville salsa (refrigerated in the deli section) and it is great too.
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I make varying types of recipes sometimes adding in an ingredient and taking one out to find that perfect guac.

I did make a reall good spread for a chicken sandwich yesterday:

1 avocado
    1/2 diced onion
    4 cloves garlic
    3 tsp greek yogurt
    1/2 tsp kosher salt
    Juice of 1/2 lemon

Puree in a food processor until creamy

This also makes a great dip.
  • JeepBaja
    JeepBaja Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    What, nobody goes the extra mile by walking to the store (1 mile for me) and buying 2 avocado's and that .99 cent guacamole mix you stir into the 2 mashed up avocado's? Here's the recipe.

JeepBaja's Famous Guacamole

Serves 3
    Prep time - 45 minutes.

1. Walk to store (1 mile)
    2. Buy two large avocado's (add 1 minute to complain about the price of avocado's)
    3. Buy guacamole dip mix.
    4. Walk back home.
    5. Cut/mash avocado's (add 10 minutes if you don't make it past the TV, another 25 minutes for your better half to yell at you for taking so long to making some freaking guacamole and stop watching TV)
    6. Stir in guacamole mix.
    7. Enjoy with tortilla chips. You got tortilla chips, right? (add 1 hour for your unexpected walk to avoid the better half's wrath)

The nice part about my recipe is that you don't have to worry about calories or anything else other than how to get the dog out of the doghouse so you can have a place to hide for while. I'm pretty good at that too.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    oh, and I am reminded of California Pizza kitchen and they have a avocado, white corn and black bean appetizer, very yummy.
  • BullDozier
    BullDozier Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I love guacamole, but I usually like mine fairly basic. Just avacados, lime juice (a little lime zest if I'm doing fresh), and cilantro. Maybe a dash of garlic power, but it doesn't really need it.

The lime juice also helps keep it green if it doesn't all get consumed right away.
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options

hmmm..... good luck with that.....I found right after having mine out that when I ate very fatty foods I had a somewhat urgent need for the toilet.......

:noway:

it has improved since then so there is hope!!!!

I've heard this can be a side effect. The people in my family never had an issue after getting theirs out, so I am praying that I follow suit. I'm gonna be a sad little duckling if I can't eat guacamole again, among other things.
  • JS506
    JS506 Posts: 6
    Options
    I use:

2-3 avocados
    1/4 small onion
    4-6 cherry tomatoes
    1 clove of garlic
    chopped cilantro (fill your palm)
    1/2 of a lime juice or 1/4 lemon juice whichever you prefer
    a few jalapenos if you want it spicy
    Salt and peper as you wish

I rough chop my in my Magic Bullet.....or if you fine chop you can mash together with a fork:)
  • eannhaynie
    eannhaynie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Haha, I do the 99 cent spice mix with 2 avacados too and everyone LOVES it... it's the lazy way out! :)