I thought I would be alone....

Options
Hello All!!

I am 33 and about a month ago was at my 9 month pregnant weight, AGAIN (with no baby in the belly!!) I guess after having my son, I gave up. I worked late, so I ate late and never really cared what went in. Like everyone, I made my resolution that I would get on track and try to lose some weight but wasn't sure when and how, and I didn't want it to be a failure. I decided to sign up for a 6 week Boot Camp class to see if I could committ, and figured, hey it was only $99, with no contract or anything.. not too major of a loss.....

Well March 1 I joined and have now even signed up for a membership and am doing personal training.... along with the Boot Camp. To my surprise.... it was my Kids that made sure I went as often as possible.... They like going there and that makes me want to go even more.... ( I have to deal with tantrums if I don't go on a scheduled day!!)

I have lost 12 pounds to date and have a total goal of 40. Although I can't see the difference yet, I feel it. I don't know what took me so long to get to this place, but I am glad that I did.

Replies

• cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    awesome story! Congrats on your loss and welcome to the site. You will love it!
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep at it and you'll be there in no time. :-)
  • tjhmoody
    tjhmoody Posts: 28
    Options
    Great loss .. and good for you and for your kids. Sounds like they're definitely keeping you on the right track. And you're not alone ... you not only have your kids support but we're here for you as well.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Well done on your success so far. Im a mummy too and can understand the need to want your body back! Its amazing what u can achieve when you set your mind to it.hope the rest of the weight comes off easily. I joined in jan adn the last 20lbs have come away very easily. Good luck on your journey. Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • kristanickerson
    kristanickerson Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Great to hear! Your kids will see you taking care of yourself and learn from that too.
  • natdidier
    Options
    Thanks! I thought changing my eating habits and being more active was going to be more difficult. I have been doing well and love this site. I always hated "Calorie Counting', but now i see the benefits, and love the android app. When we are out eating, it's easier for me to decided what to eat.